Chapter 10 (My Phooonnneee)

Recap:
Charlie just moved in...
She had a little trouble with eating dinner but David managed to make her eat some, then they watched some tv and well... it's bedtime!
End Recap

I am tucked into my new bed, all warm and cozy. He pokes his head through my door and says "Lights out. Put the phone away okay? I know you are tired. Good night!" I nod and put my phone on my nightstand. Lay my head back and close my eyes. The second I hear the door close I count to 10.
1
2
3
4
I get impatient so I skip to:
9
10!
I sit back up and grab my phone. I scroll and play and do whatever for a while, and then I hear something terrifying!
"Charlie?" David is back.
I look up and see his face, tired and disappointed.
"Come on char, go to sleep, I know you are tired."
"no, I am not!"
"baby-"
"don't call me that!"
"I'm sorry, I forgot but don't yell, inside voices."
I nod, kind of scared, I hate how he is treating me.
"You yawned during the movie, multiple times, your eyes are droopy and you keep on scratching your eyes. You are tired. I am sorry for having to do this so early but I'm taking your phone away."
I am stunned, "what no! Whyyyyy?"
"you broke a rule baby, it's 3 am."
It's 3 am! What! I-
"I didn't know..."
"I know you didn't, but you still broke a rule. Can you give me your phone?" He puts his hand out.
And even though this is totally unfair, I still feel so guilty, he seems so tired. I give him my phone with no complaint other than an eye roll.
"For how long?"
"3 days."
I nod, I notice how tired I am.
"Okay, good night for real now."
He leaves. I get comfy and close my eyes, I start counting to lull myself to sleep. But all I can see is his face, so sad when he found me with my phone. An hour or so must have passed when I give up and stand. I march up to his door and... do I knock? I think I should knock...
I knock and wait. Preparing my apology.
He opens the door, surprise on his face. I start crying. Silent tears. I can't even control it. Tears are streaming out my face as I mumble my apology. I start hyperventilating.
"Sweetie, it's okay. Breathe with me. Breathe in!" I suck in. "Hold it, 1 2 3, then breathe out. Slowly." I do so. "1, 2, 3. Now tell me."
"I- I...it's dumb."
"No, it's not. Everything is welcome here. Okay? I won't get mad."
"I'm sorry!"
He nods, and raises his eyebrows "about what?"
"I... my phone and and for lying about the burger place and and I threw away my burger."
He sighs. Opening his arms, I go up to him and hug him.
"It's okay. I forgive you."
That's all I needed to hear. I breathe in his sent and a voice, barely audible I say "I'm hungry."
He ends the hug and says, in a pretty funny voice.
"To the kitchen we gooooo"

(Tell me your thoughts!)

Dad joke of the chapter:
Atheism is a non-prophet organization!
(Short but funny I think! Lol)