Chapter 16 (Sam!!)

I wake up to the credits of Finding Nemo and David is asleep. Did I... was I in little space... yeah... yeah I was. It's idk... weird... like I'm thinking back and I was staring at the wall for fifteen minutes.... But even then it felt nice, freeing... I smile at the thought of doing it more, not the getting in trouble part but the watching Finding Nemo part. But then I started to worry, what if he expects that of me all the time? I have heard of littles who are little most of the time. I still want to do things. I want to go to school and stuff...

"What are you thinking about that's gotten you all panicked?" I jumped, I didn't notice he woke up.

"I liked it. Being little... don't get me wrong but I'm like worried... I heard of littles who do it 24/7... I don't want that..." I'm scared he will be hurt, which is a nice difference from being scared he will hurt me, but I still don't like it.

"Oh no, of course not, little space is for you, it's a coping mechanism, but you are also big, and that's 100 percent okay. If you ever want a break you just have to say so."

I nod, happy that he isn't hurt. I think that would be the end of the conversation but he continues.

"I do have something else I need to tell you, I know it's a tough subject but I have researched this. It's bad for your mental health to be regressed incorrectly, and well..."

He has got me nervous here... "what?" I fake a deep voice, imitating him, "It's okay. I won't judge."

He laughs, and then gets serious, "Remember how nice it felt to be regressed okay? Well, I think, I think you have a younger headspace."

That's got me stunned. "How young?"

"I truly don't know unless we start trying for younger."

I take a few seconds to breathe. "Okay." He hasn't been wrong, I did enjoy the little space.

"Okay?"

"Yeah, uh.... How do we start?" My cheeks must be so red right now.

"Well, sippy cups, car seat, softer toys. Again it's mostly up to how you start acting. You don't have to be little to start acting little, it helps regress actually."

"How do you act a little though?"

"Well... asking me for help, even on things you can do. Use your fork with a fist. Talking simpler."

I sigh. "And if I don't... if I don't like it?"

"Then we go back to this, but I have done my research, from what I saw you were younger than 6." 

...

I am not 6. That's what he thinks, he broke it down to the things I have said I liked to do. I promised to try it out, I even promised myself to try to make a little voice. Right now though I won't, we are going shopping, one for a high chair, pacifiers, and little clothing. He gets me ready and puts a little bow in my hair. I told him that I was not ready to be little and out. He said that's okay, I have nothing to be ashamed of, but that he can file it down. We went out, we shopped, and he got me some cute clothes, some pacifiers, a comfy chair for the car, and a high chair. And for some reason, I agree to pull-ups, not currently but I said "maybe one day".

I don't know why, I am just addicted to the smile he gets on his face when I say yes. That's a semi excuse, I also think it wouldn't be horrible. Like I won't actually do my business in there. I looked up on my phone about two-year-olds, it's normally potty training time.

***

"Come on, baby, just one more bite, and you can go watch TV."

I sigh, he is literally fattening me up, I haven't found a scale yet, but I know my clothes are smaller on me!

"It's really yummy, I know you can do it."

I open my mouth and he feeds me another bite. I chew and chew and swallow. I'm all grumpy.

"Down! Down!" I make grabby hands to the floor, I'm trying with the baby language.

He smiles sadly, unbuckling me from my highchair and putting me down.

"Okay, go have fun, drink some water too!" I nod and grab my sippy cup. I walk over to the couch as David puts on some bubble guppies, which is my favorite out of all these baby shows. I'm laughing along when David shows up, probably finished the dishes. Yesterday I asked if I could help and he said that he was happy taking care of me.

"Why don't we play with some toys?" His smile is so hopeful, oh fu-, no cursing, oh why not! I'll really jump in. Full baby.

I nod, stand up and grab his hand,

"Let's go then." I grab his hand and drag a smiling David to my room. And I plopped down on the floor. I look around the room and grab a doll, I give it to David and say "You are a prince! And and uh... I," I grab another doll, "I need to save you!" I smile, happy that I thought of this! He smiles and asks "What are you saving me from, princess?" "The evil queen!"

***

*she is now small*

Hehe, I saved him from the evil Queen and now we need to save the pony because it's stuck in a tree! David is really funny and makes lots of horse noises! I'm laughing and playing and then my stupid phone rings! I stood up and went to the phone which was charging in the corner. My eyes go wide! It's Sam! It's Sam! I-

"Baby take a deep breath, you don't have to pick up. You can call her later when you are big okay?"

I nod. I don't want to think about dat. That's poopy! No! I want to be the princess again! So I stand back up wipe the tears off my cheek and me and David start playing again! I sink into the feeling of being free and just stop caring if I sound dumb.

He feeds me lunch in my highchair, he makes a Cho Cho sound and the train/spoon goes into my mouth. He puts me in a bib too which is good because I'm all dirty. I want to play more though. "Down!" I make grabby hands to the floor. He smiles and says I did an amazing job eating all my lunch. He hasn't put me down yet though! I start kicking at the chair and he chuckles and unbuckles me.

"How old are you?"

I think... then I shrug. I put my thumb in my mouth. I don't want to think."

"Can you guess?"

I think, mmmm... I put 2 fingers up...I don't want to take my thumb out.

He goes into the kitchen, leaving me all alone. Logically I know I could just walk to him but either way, I start crying. I sit on the floor and cry. He comes rushing back and sits on the floor with me. He takes my thumb out of my mouth. I want it in! That just makes me cry more.

"Can you try with a pacifier?" He holds out a blue one... I nod and he pushes it into my mouth. I start sucking and I like it better than my thumb. He smiles and says he needs to clean up and he grabs my hand and puts me on the couch.

My eyes go wide and I scream in excitement "BUBBLE GUPPIES!" My voice was a little muffled by my new pacifier. "Inside voice" he reminds me He turns on the TV and with a sigh of relief he puts bubbles guppies on! I guess he walks away but I don't really pay attention.

***

I'm still watching bubble guppies when the doorbell rings I run up to the door.

I hear David yelling from the other room that he is going to add not opening the door without permission to the rules but he doesn't say I can't open it now. I open the door and my eyes widen in fear and I just run away, "DADDY!" I run up to him and hug him. His eyes widen about his new title but I don't notice. "Sam is here! I- I nevew tol her I say yes abou ... me be small. And now I small and she home!" He hugs me, so I know that he is going to fix it all. "Let Daddy handle this okay? It's time for your nap, let's get you tucked in." I see him look behind me and mouth something but I don't care. I want cuddles now. He picks me up (the first time he has done that) and puts me to bed. He doesn't stay for cuddles though, instead, he gives me a stuffie and I hug it tightly. He ruffles my hair and I go to sleep.

*Next Chapter at 10 am*