Arc I: Chapter II

Honestly, I had no clue how long I was entranced..
By my own music but..
Before I knew it, the sun was already setting. It was, a breathtaking sight..

As always.

The clouds were right next to one another, shaping different shapes. I could've sworn I saw a fox form, children and.. Just, freedom. The setting sun added a bunch of beautiful colors.. Bettering the view, adding it's own little charm.. And completing the picture altogether.

From the very light pink shading to a crimson deep red shade, Purple, orange, green.. Such, vibrance,  adding in those clouds at the end, completed the picture, the beautiful sight.
Ah.. It was truly, a spectacular sight.

I slowly stood up and closed the window, after putting my instrument safely away.Storing it once more, from my right, in it's own area.

'I may not love this place.. Honestly, hate to admit.. But,  I'll miss it..'

Soon the sun set completely and it was night time, my clothes were changed once more and I went to bed.

"Tomorrow.. Will be a long and hard day.."
I unconsciously muttered out.
Before I knew it, my heavy eyelids fell closed and all I saw was.. darkness.

'Ah... finally some rest.. some.. peace.'

Or so I thought.. Until I was plagued once more.. By nightmares. Memories.. Red eyes.. And this.. Voice, even though i couldn't hear what they were saying.. I felt, trapped. Terrified and like dying. Blaming nobody but myself.

-------

The next day

I had the usual morning, with the maids coming in to change my clothes, doing my hairstyle.. All that stuff. Though, it took them longer today and my clothes were more.. Extravagant to say the least.

'Great.. Just great.. It's time..'

*sighs*

I couldn't help but to sigh out of frustration, fear and.. Nervousness. Seeing my own path narrowing, growing deadlier.. Did not help one bit.
Sometimes.. Imagination was but a curse, other times.. It was a means of escape, and happiness.
I took a deep breath, trying to mask my feelings and proceeded to make my way to pay my respects to my parents and grandparents.. Then..
It would be off to the palace.
And goodbye to this place. Where I was born and raised. Confined even.

I just felt like, I was moving from one prison, to but another.
I quickly arrived at the ancestral hall and, well, walked in.

Quickly noticing my mother and father, as well as my grandmother and grandfathers presence.
Of course my siblings were here as well.. All Nine of them.

I walked towards them and greeted them. Bowing slightly before them and stating respectfully;

"Chán Juān greets grandfather and grandmother. As well as father and mother."

My mother quickly walked towards me and made me stand up straight, while saying.

"My Chán Juān.. Oh, how you've grown.. And matured! The emperor will be oh so pleased with you!"

I tried not to feel hurt..
But in the end of the day.. I still held affection for my family.
My heart.. throbbed.

'So that's all you care about..?
In the end of the day, I'll always be a product in your eyes..
To be used and then tossed.'

'A pawn.. '

'A thing. '

'Not your.. daughter?'

I clenched my hands into fists underneath my long sleeves..
I felt.. hurt. I should've been used to it.. I shouldn't have kept any sort of expectations.. Let this, be the end.. Truly. Please..
Just why.. Did I still hold.. hope. I still wanted to be seen as myself.. Their daughter.. A.. Person.