Arc I: Chapter IV

It took me a good while to even process the meaning of those words.. My conclusion?

He.. Knows me??? But doesn't??? But does???

I'm so confused!

*deep breaths*

'Just.. Who is he?'

Silence filled the room for a good few moments.
Then, I decided to open my mouth and speak, since-

This silence was killing me!! Especially since I didn't really socialize with another human being for quite a long time.

"..You.. I- I need a moment to think alone.. I need to recollect myself.. And process this. Could we, talk about this.. Later?"
It came out as a quiet whisper.. And I stuttered-?!

Not at all how I wanted it to come out-!

WAHHHH

I wanted to sound confident- *sobs*

To my surprise, he heard me and listened to my opinion.. Respecting my decision?

He nodded firmly at me and stated.
"Of course. I'll be back later.. Rest up and don't overdo it."

Then.. He left.
Though I could've sworn I saw a slight smile..

Was it just my imagination??

Without noticing it, the sun was down and gone.
Long gone.

I was still sitting on the bed though, in the same position, staring out of the window and still in deep thought. While the sun disappeared and changed, I did not. While time passed and continued to move forward.. I did not.

I just, had so many questions.. So many speculations.. So many fears.. Insecurities..

Where to even start? I did not really know.

First of all, How long was I even sleeping for? Where exactly am I? Am I actually safe here? Will I be a danger to him? Is he a danger to me? Did I successfully escape?What will I do now?

I had no clue!! No clue at all!

Just, why did he take me in? Will he leave me now that I'm awake? What should I do from now on? Will I be mere baggage? A burden? Again..?

I didn't know anymore.. My mind was muddled. Quite frankly, it was a mess.
I just.. Didn't know anymore.. And I have no confidence in myself, whatsoever.

*creak*

Suddenly I heard a noise.
A door was opened?The door to the room in which I'm currently residing in.

That sound snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned my head in the direction of that sound.

'Is he back? Am I ready to face him? Do I even know what to say-???'
Such absurd thoughts flooded my mind.

I just.. Didn't know anymore. I'm overwhelmed..

Then, I heard it.
That voice.

His voice.

I don't know why..
But his voice calmed down all my anxiousness. All my insecurities..

My fears..

I really want to know.. just,
'Who are you?'

...

'Do I know you...?'

"I'm back.. Can I come in?" He calmly, yet hesitantly asked me. Seeking my permission.. And getting it.

"..Of course, please, come in." I hesitated to speak but did so in the end anyways.