Arc I: Chapter X

I did not know for how long I was trapped in my own dream. How long I was asleep, I just knew, that, even though I'm married, it was not out of free will, it was a task.

Political, not out of love.
And it's not as if my husband was being faithful to any one of his wives..

I particularly felt bad for Aiko. She was trapped in her own room by him and.. He constantly slept with her.
If I have the power to, I'll try to free her. Free them all, though some of them won't like that.
Won't want that.

So, we'll see.

However, I know that I want to marry Yíchén, I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I love him, even if I can't offer him what he deserves, I'll stay with him.

Because he loves me too.

Doesn't mean I'm going to just! Kiss him when I wake up... Nah..

AHH

I just had to wake up at that moment, maybe it was my thoughts or.. My own on the matter excitement?

However, when I opened my eyes... I saw him, watching over me.. With those lovely eyes of his.

A blanket draped over me, keeping me warm.. And, my head lying on his lap, as if it was a cushion.. For my head.

I.. Started to fidget.. Just- Why is he so darn lovable?!?

I wasn't entirely certain if I was still asleep and dreaming or if this was reality, that must've been why I dared.. To sit up and.. Kiss him!

On his forehead!!

I.. I wanted to hide! But- Not! Since when did I get so bold-!?!?
Is it weird that I want to charm this man-?!

After I kissed him, I noticed that I was in fact not dreaming.. I just want to hide in shame...

Before I knew what was happening, Yìchén had a sudden glint in his eyes.. It looked like a sparkle.. And then- He put his right hand behind my neck and his left on my face- Sir???

Then... He kissed me! Right on the lips too-!!

At first.. I was just shocked by the sudden turn of events.. My sleepiness long gone, nothing left but shock, happiness and.. Excitement. I, could tell he loved me..

Because, he was treating me so tenderly, so preciously, as if, I was a treasure. His treasure.

I was quickly out of breath and our faces parted.. I was a bit reluctant, yet glad at the same time, since.. I really needed a break.

While I was trying to steady my breathing, he pulled my head closer to his again, using his righ hand, which was on my neck.. At first I thought he was going to kiss me again even though I wasn't ready, but.. He did something else.

He placed.. His forehead softly on mine, staring in to my eyes.. He looked so happy, contend.. Soft. This small action of his made my stomach feel weird, but it wasn't bad.. It just made me feel.. Sweet in a way. Loved, appreciated.

However, while I was catching my breath and our foreheads were touching... I saw, a single tear escape his left eye.. I did not know why he was shedding a single tear.. It looked like.. That tear was filled with hurt, bitterness, anger.. Emotions I do not wish to experience again.

Yet, when I looked into his eyes, I could tell he was happy, relieved. Free.. It felt like, he moved on, let go of something and.. Matured in a way.

I didn't wish to ruin the moment, so.. I kissed his tear, carefully wiped away the tear and.. Muttered out.

"It's okay now."

Suddenly, I was picked up, into his warm embrace and we hugged each other for quite a while. I enjoyed his presence, his smell, his warmth.. Everything about him.