Arc I: Chapter XII (End)

I've never seen Yìchén so mad before.. He seemed like a beast, that was on a leash and then his owner was killed, his leash disappeared.. And, he went berserk..

The emperor was being heavily guarded and the concubines were panicking.. All over the place- Or at least, most of them.

The nobles were scrambling around, trying to desperately flee the scene at hand. Trying to get to safety.. How truly pathetic. Just mere moments ago they were acting all high and mighty.. Now look at them, no different from fleeing ants.

I stopped paying them mind and instead focused my attention on Yìchén.

For he was the only one I truly cared about here, loved. Not that I wanted to see anyone die.. For it was truly a shocking sight.. And I didn't want to see any suffering, but.. He's my priority.

He and his soldiers slaughtered guards after guards, getting wounded, some even dying.. And, Yìchén leading.

I carefully stood up and picked up a bloody sword, which was next to a dead soldier.
I'm only taking this to protect Yìchén, myself and.. Innocent bystanders.

The fights seemed endless, the screaming, shouting.. The smell of blood and Sweat, smoke even.. A fire visible in the distance.

 It was utter chaos.

And the emperor was getting away.. Running for his stupid life. Like a coward.. Abandoning his people..

Sighs

My..

Suddenly, I was in Yìchéns arms.. I could tell his eyes were teary.. I gently kissed the top of his eyelids and smiled at him..

Though it must've been a horrifying sight with all that blood there..

He tightly hugged me and said;

"I'm sorry.. I was late.. I love you, get out of here. Now! I'll take care of this.. You know where we'll meet.. Okay?"

I quickly shook my head, I wanted to shout a him! To tell him he shouldn't apologize! It was my wish to go out.. I wasn't careful either. It's my fault. Not his!

I tried to tell him, but only small non understandable noises came out.. Dammit!

Then he pushed me, signifying for me to run.. And not to look back.

Tears kept spilling from my eyes, I couldn't even see properly, yet.. I ran.

Because I knew, If I stayed

Because I knew, If I stayed.. He'd be not as focused.. He'd.. Get hurt more easily.

Before I ran, I heard him say; 
"Wait for me."

I kept running with sword in hand, seeing many gruesome things.. Dead bodies piling up, innocent bystanders dying.. Children crying..

'I'm sorry! It's all my fault.. If only I wouldn't have returned.. If only..'