Chapter 3

H W A N G H Y U N J I N

"He's kinda cute"

——- ————————————

I looked up from my phone when Jeongin did his loud dolphin scream, seconds later he was out the door, Chan raced after him. When Chan left Felix and Jisung continued their fight about food.

Chan came into the room. He came in with Jeongin and some other guy.

"Everyone sit down, our new member is here."

He looked so nervous. Jeongin whispered something in his ear before he introduced himself.

Of course he had to sit near me, as I looked at him closer I noticed his puppy-like features.

K I M S E U N G M I N

"Hey Jeongin, why is that guy staring at me?" I asked.

"Oh that's Hyunjin, He's normally like that so don't take it personally." Jeongin told me before turning to talk with another member.

"Hi" I said to Hyunjin with a wave and a small smile. He just rolled his eyes and looked at his phone.

"Hey let's take a photo!" Felix suggested. Everyone agreed and we took a very official looking photo.

"Alright now let's post it!"

SKZ.OFFICIAL ...

OFFICIAL

💛16.763     💬9284

@SKZ.OFFICAL: Welcome our new vocalist, Kim Seungmin!

Whiteshirt: The visuals of this group 😩

User9457930265023: I can't wait to hear what he sounds like

SKZ.SKZOOO: We have to stay loyal! Or do we?

Open all 9281 other comments

H W A N G H Y U N J I N

"Wow, it looks very official looking" I heard Seungmin mutter to Jeongin.

"They always do." He whispered back.

Why are all the comments just on how he looks, the guy doesn't even know how to pose, he's practically just standing there.

"Anyways back to business, our album IN LIFE is going to need a little bit of fixing to incorporate Seungmin. He also needs to learn the dance. Felix and Hyunjin, you guys can teach him alright, me and Jeongin will help him with vocals." Chan ordered. "We can take him first." Chan added.

"Come with us, Minnie," Jeongin told me.

~*~

We had finished recording the vocals so Chan decided to message Felix and Hyunjin.

"Add Seungmin to the group chat," Jeongin told Chan. I heard my phone buzz a minute later.

Chan is OLD

Chan added SMinnie to the chat

Chan:

Felix and Hyunjin are you guys ready

for Seungmin?

FeLiX:

Yes we are.

Chan guided me though the building to the dance room. When we got there, Hyunjin and Felix were stretching together. They both didn't notice us and just laughed as they helped each other. They both looked when Chan fake coughed. One of their smiles widening, the other disappearing.

"Well I trust you guys will teach him the choreography." Chan said, slowly pushing me into the room.

"Leave him with us Chan Hyung!" Felix said, taking my arm and pulling my arm to the middle of the room.

(/)

Three hours had passed and we were almost done. Felix was really the one teaching. Hyunjin just silently judged me, and he did not look impressed.

Just then Felix's phone dinged.

"Oh my food! I forgot about that." He said while stopping the music to check it was actually the food notification.

"You ordered more food?" Hyunjin asked.

"Jisung stole my lunch, ya boi's hungry." He answered. "Is it okay if I can leave you two here? It'll just take a couple minutes." I was going to respond but he was already out of the room.

The moment the door closed the room was filled with awkward silence.

"Why are you even here? You have no dance talent." Hyunjin said out of the blue.

"I'm just helping a friend." I told him. I guess he didn't like that answer because he dropped he phone on the table beside the speakers, he walked over and pushed me against the wall.

"Well soon enough your 'freind' will see how bad of an idea that was, Jeongin can do it on his own. You don't need to help him. You're just going to embarrass us on stage with your terrible dance skills. No one has asked to see the most simple movement ten times. The others may like you, but just know i'm not like them, I Don't Want You Here." He said before walking back away. Leaving me to slide down the mirror until I hit the ground. Was that true, was I just dead wait to them? I could feel the tears coming, the only thing I could do was hope they didn't fall.

Hyunjin looked back when I sniffled.

"Cry, see if I care." He said before going back on his phone. Why was he being so mean? I got up and walked out the room, I ran into Felix on the way out who asked what was wrong, but I just ignored him and walked on, I just kept walking too a place I was sure they couldn't find me.