IV. Nightmares.

"GRIAN!! HELP US!!"

 "XELQUA!! DO SOMETHING!!"
 "G-MAN HELP!!!"
 Grian watched in horror as the watchers tear up his world.
Fought his friends, killed his friends.
"GRIAN, PLEASE, NOT AGAIN!!!" His best friend yelled.
Grian could only watch.
He was tied up.
There was nothing he could do.
"NOOOO!"
He screamed.
He cried and screamed.
It was all he could do.
His hands started to form purple and golden flames.
He felt a cold hand pressed on his shoulder.
"LET GO YOU MONSTER!!"
"Grian..."
"YOU SICK BASTARD."
"Grian."
"GO TO HELL"
"Grian!!!"

Grian shot up in his bed. Sitting in a pool of sweat. Tears staining his face. He saw a concerned Mumbo. "Mumbo?..." "Grian I heard you yell from my base... Are you okay?..." "Just a nightmare..." "Wanna talk about it?..." "No." "Alright..." "Why are you here Mumby?..." Grian said. Mumbo sat down on the bed. "Well I heard you scream- and I thought you would like some more banana bread." Mumbo said. Grian launched himself onto Mumbo, hugging him and knocking him down. "Thank you.." He wispered. "no probs G.." 

This continued for weeks. Grian grew more tired, the bags under his eyes getting bigger and bigger. Nightmares worse and worse. Sleeping less and less. The hermits have been noticing the normally energetic, excited and curious hermit has been showing up less and less and when he did he was always tired.

Grians back has also been aching more and more, getting more painfull. He shrugged it off as nothing, even though he knew exactly what it all ment. 

Grian shot wide awake after one of his many nightmares. Here we go again... He thought to himself. He walked outside and started working on his base again. After collecting all his materials it was midnight while normally he would go to bed at 9 pm. He started building but his back started hurting more and more. 

Grian knew exactly why. He did not want to give in though. He just continued building and ignored it. He ran out of building materials.

Grian's POV:

I groaned as I placed down the last few concrete blocks. I knew I couldn't hide them forever. Oh well. I guess I need to go to the shopping district for new materials. I flew off to the shopping district and suprisingly saw X-eye-zooma.

"Hey X!" I landed behind him. "Oh hey Gri, why are you up? It is midnight." X asked. "I could ask you the same." "I am doing my check up round, seeing if everyone sleeps enough. I was just about to head towards you and Mumbo!" He answered. Mumbo! I forgot me, Iskall and him would be working on sahara tommorow.

"Oh, well I just couldnt sleep." I said, a bit nervous. X stared at me like he was suspicious of something. He flew off. I letted out a sigh, appearantly I had been holding my breath. I bought materials and went back to my base. I started working on my base again. I grew tired... Yawning and pushing myself even though my body couldnt take it. Maybe just.. If I lay down no one would mind..

I slowly layed down onto my base. I rolled up and closed my eyes. As I drifted to sleep I heard a faint sigh and felt someone pick me up. Then it all went black.