Designated Driver

You stood in front of your vanity getting ready for your birthday party on the beach that Jeremiah is throwing for you. You already had yesterday to celebrate your birthday with your family separately, my grandmother made me a delicious key lime because I hate cake, except ice cream cake... But that technically isn't a cake... anyways Jeremiah was going to be here in 30 minutes so I had to get ready quickly. Tonight I feel like it will be the ice breaker between Jeremiah and I because we've been flirting a lot but I want to know if it could go anywhere. But that's exactly why I'm excited for tonight because I'm feeling confident enough to take the extra mile to see if he really likes me like that. I leave my hair down in its long wavy state, then I put on some light makeup just some cheeks stain, and mascara. I walk into my closet and browse the racks until I find my blue-tiered maxi skirt and a cream tube top.

 I walk into my closet and browse the racks until I find my blue-tiered maxi skirt and a cream tube top

^(what you're wearing) 

I find some platform sandals and my purse and run downstairs, I grab my phone and put it in my purse. I walk to the cabinet and grab two big bags of tortilla chips I place them on the counter before walking to the fridge and grabbing a big wooden bowl full of cowboy caviar, it was a recipe I found on Pinterest that I've been wanting to make for a while so I hope it will be good. I place some plastic wrap on the top of the bowl when I see Jeremiah walk through the front door.

"There's my birthday girl!" He says running up to me and spinning me.

"Thank you so much for throwing this for me! You're the best!" I say hugging him tightly, we let go and he backs up to look at me, "You look amazing Y/N!"

"Why thank you, Jere! don't you like my new skirt!" I say swishing my skirt.

" I love it, can't wait to spin you around in it tonight!" He says taking my hand and spinning me into his arms, I look into his blue eyes then slowly my (E/C) eyes drag down to his lips. I clear my throat and move away from him.

"Uh I made salsa, do you want to try it?" I ask Jeremiah as he shakes his head like he is clearing away thoughts "yea sure of course!" He says giving a polite smile. I open up the bag and hand him a chip before clearing away the plastic wrap to reveal the salsa. 

He brings the chip to his mouth and moans at the taste "Wow that's so good Y/N!"

"Thanks, it was my first try making it too." I hand him the two chip bags, "take these please, and I'll carry the bowl." I pick up the bowl and walk to his Jeep.

"Look at the sunset it's gorgeous." Jeremiah points out as we drive down a winding road next to the ocean.

"Yea it really is," I say glancing at Jeremiah.

When we get to the party it's already dark out and very lively with a big bonfire, and booming music from multiple speakers.

Multiple of my friends approach me from the country club "Happy Birthday Y/N!!!" They all yell with drinks in their hand.

"Thanks, guys, this is all so nice!" I say admiring all the Edison lights that were strung up amongst the trees.

"Isn't it?!? Jeremiah really knows what he's doing, he must really love you Y/N." My friend Charlotte says.

"Yea but just in a friend way, he's like a brother to me," I say trying to not make it obvious that I have a fat crush on him.

"Sure you keep telling yourself that Y/N." She says patting me on the back before walking over to the drinks table.

As the night went on I was introduced to the drinks table and I'm not sure if that was a blessing or a curse but I was wrecked... But so was everyone else so maybe it makes it sound not as bad.

My favorite song by bob Marley comes on and I prance over to Jeremiah.

"Jere come and dance with me, this is my favorite song!" I slur taking another drink from my cup. "I think we should take that away," Jere says taking the cup from me. I drag him near the bonfire where all the music was. "I'm not mad at you for taking my drink away, only cause you look so hot," I whisper in his ear before I pull back and dance again. I keep drunkenly swaying to the music, without thinking I grab someone's beer they were drinking "Hey give me my beer back!" The guy yells over the music, "Oh My lord give the birthday girl a break!" I say waving this guy off, he just rolls his eyes and walks away. "h-have you ever thought about us d-dating? I've never mentioned it but I'm feeling quite bold Jerey bear." I giggle then let out a loud hiccup.

"Hey, Y/N let's get you home we need to take you to bed, I am your designated driver after all."  He says taking the beer and placing it in the sand and then taking my hand leading me to the car.

"I am kinda tired," I say buckling up as we head home. I was nodding off throughout the car ride because when I open my eyes I'm in my room and I see the silhouette of Jeremiah in my doorway about to leave. "Jere, can you sleep with me tonight?" I mumble, he turns around slowly a little hesitant to respond "Yea of course Y/N I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind." 

He gets under the covers as I face him, though my head is pounding I'm still much more sober and more confident than ever. 

"I really want to kiss you right now," I whisper with the waves of the beach in the background. "I'm also not just saying that cause I'm tipsy, but your flirting has been driving me crazy, and I need to know if we're on the same page Jere, and if we're not promise me we will go back to normal and that you'll forget everything I said," I say staring in his eyes while bringing my hand up to the side of his face. "I just know that if I don't ask now then I never will-" I was cut off by Jeremiah's soft and gentle lips on mine. "I'm all yours Y/N if that's what you truly want than I'm waiting here for you," I blush deeply "Then can I be yours?" I smile "Of course Y/N L/N." He says kissing me on the lips. "Good night," I say spooning him laying my head on his chest falling asleep to his steady heartbeat.