You belong with me <3

I stare out my window at the couple as they depart on his front lawn before she drives away in her fancy white car, as she does I notice a visible weight lifted off of his shoulders, almost as if you are happy she just left.

I know Jeremiah very well, and he has been acting far from himself lately so much it hurt my heart. I really wanted the old him back and I know that it's because of Sydney this girl he's been dating for a couple of months. She treats him awful, she drags him everywhere and truly uses him as an accessory.

The worst part though is that right before he started dating this girl we were suddenly flirting constantly, but I don't know if you would call it subtle because we both knew what we were doing but soon he wasn't giving the same flirty energy I was giving, and he started dating Sydney. She is awful to him and treats him the exact opposite of how he should be treated. She is manipulative, whenever she goes shopping she treats him like a shelf, and in general, she always tells him what he could do better instead of praising him for his successes, she treats him like an object for popularity she deeply thinks she is going to become some booming socialite amongst the girls in the town because she's dating Jeremiah fisher. She truly is treating him like an object.

They've been dating for a couple of months and Jeremiah has finally cracked, this fourth he didn't come to the fireworks on the beach instead, he slept in. He got fired from being the lifeguard at the club for being late all the time, after that it all went downhill. Jeremiah barely talks anymore he's like a robot but through it all, he still makes time for Sydney, he was there at her every beck and call, he might not have done it with his gorgeous smile on his face but he still kept her his number one priority no matter how much it was wearing his beautiful heart down.

I haven't seen him in almost two weeks so I decided to call him up and maybe make him come to the beach with me. I click on his contact in my phone as I hear the tone ring over and over again and per usual he doesn't pick up... He never picks up now.

I sigh as I put my phone down before putting some sneakers on and grab my keys as I drive off to Jeremiah's house.

I soon pull into his driveway bracing for whatever I may experience while with Jere.

I talk to Mrs.Fisher and when I tell her I'm going to talk to Jeremiah her face immediately falters into a sad expression.

"Yes, of course, Y/N he's right upstairs... probably uh.. naping." She sighs rubbing her forehead.

"Okay thank you," I say giving her a polite smile.

"Hey Y/N?" She says stopping me by putting my hand on my shoulder "Thank you so much for this, his friends haven't visited him in weeks." She says looking at me with sincere eyes.

"Oh of course," I say giving her another kind-hearted smile.

I walk up to Jeremiah's room but he isn't anywhere, I look around his room; his bed is unmade, clothes and trash are thrown around everywhere, and there are Redbull cans everywhere.

I then decide to walk to the beach since that was his safe space ever since we were little, and what do you know I see him in a black hoodie and cargo shorts sitting by the beach smoking a.... blunt!?! I can smell the skunk-like odor filling the air.

I start walking through the sand and over to Jeremiah.

"Hey, Jere what's going on?" I say amidst coughs due to the smoke.

"Same old same old." He says blowing out another more smoke before I take it from his fingers.

"Hey what are you doing?!?" He says trying to grab at the blunt in my hand.

"Look I'm not trying to rain on your parade but we need to talk, you haven't been acting yourself at all lately and I just want to help you out." I say looking at him.

"Oh my god Y/N don't start, you sound like everyone else right now, I'm fine." He says before snatching the weed again before inhaling a big puff.

"You're not fine, you sleep all the time, you're irritable even after you sleep all day and night but you still give Sydney the time of day, she doesn't even like you! She's sucking the life out of you Jere." I say taking a deep breath while fidgeting with the sand.

Jeremiah just sits there silently while he throws the weed to his feet before stomping it out.

I stare out at the sun when I hear sniffles, my heart stops when I look over and see Jeremiah crying.

"Y/N I'm so fucking tired, and I know it all because of that bitch Sydney but something makes me want to be with her still even though she makes me feel like shit." He says crying and laying his head on my shoulder.

I would never make him feel this way if we were dating

"You know I love you and I'm always here for you right?" I say

"Yea I know." He says sniffling.

"You know- and maybe this is off topic but the only reason I ever got with Sydney is because I never thought I'd have a chance with you but I didn't know it would cost me this." He says running his hand through his curls.

"I get it I guess but you know you need to figure out your thing with Sydney, and I can always help you out but you know I'm always waiting for you."

"It's always been you Y/N, always has been." He says looking into my eyes and leaning in "Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask putting my hand on his chest looking at him for reassurance. "I could care less about Sydney." He says putting his hands on both sides of my face and kissing me passionately.