In another life

"Hey, Jeremiah! Happy Anniversary!" I say opening the door to my bedroom. When I see him hovering over one of the lifeguards who works at the club, my heart drops and my breath almost catches in my throat.

"What the fuck?!?" I scream he jumps up when he sees that I'm there "Y/N I swear I was going to tell you, I swear it's not what it looks like we just got caught in the moment!" He says screaming.

"Get out of my fucking house right now," I say pointing at the slut in my bed. She meekly grabs her stuff and runs away.

"What are you doing Jeremiah, after all the things I've done for you? The fact you brought another girl to my house on our anniversary is beyond me, it- it's so selfish!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"We had something great going for us and you decide to let this slut ruin it for us!" I say my voice quivering and my tears filling up in my eyes

"She's not a slut." He states firmly staring at me.

"Wow." I say, "you aren't acting like the Jeremiah I fell in love with," I say mascara stained tears streaming down my face, he rolls his eyes "Oh my God Y/N it's not that big of a deal she's just a friend." He says letting out an irritated sigh.

"Your kidding right?? Not that big of a deal?!? I say screaming in disbelief.

"I'm leaving." He says calmly.

"Fine! Leave you asshole! Go and avoid your problems! But as far as I'm concerned we are OVER" When I tell him this he stops dead in his tracks, like he was contemplating wanting to save our relationship, but the I hear him walk down the stairs and slam the door shut. I sit on my bed and think about what just happened anger and confusion swirls around in my brain. I sob so much my head hurts starts to hurt I just don't understand how someone who supposedly loved me so much could do this to me. My heart hurts at how much I took so many small things for granted too, and then the "what ifs" start running through my head too. Maybe if I was more involved he wouldn't have done this, am I not pretty enough, was I too boring, if I didn't let him stay at my house after he got off his early shift would he have been in bed with her? This went on and on and on until I cried myself to the Spotify playlist Jeremiah and I made with each other.

                                     ******

I've finally excepted the fact that Jeremiah and I aren't a thing after a month so I decided to celebrate that small victory and go on a nice drive near the shoreline since it's kind of far away I though this would be a nice treat and maybe even get a donut. But a deep bubbling anxiety fills my stomach when I walk on to my drive way and see Jeremiah's. He quickly hops out of his car (still looking hot as ever) that is all canceled out by disgust from what he has done to me "Y/N! I need to talk to you, please." He says running towards me with a desperate look on his face, I shake my head and start getting into my car, I slam my door shut and put the key in the ignition, maybe I should see what he has to say maybe he's going to apologize? I sigh and turn my car off and roll down the window. "What?" I say in a demanding no bullshit tone.

"After I was with that girl I realized that she wasn't the one for me, only you are. She wouldn't respond to my texts and told me that she only wanted a quick fuck and that's when I realized Y/N, I love you, and not many girls out there are like you. Please give me another chance." He says with pleading eyes, but I stop dead in my tracks that is the first time he has ever said "I love you" to me, this makes my heart turn as hard as a rock.

"Yea there aren't a lot of girls like me, it's kind of sad it took this to figure it out.... But no." I say firmly my heart pounding out of my chest as a familiar burning returns to my throat.

"W-what? What do you mean." He says shocked.

I sigh "Maybe in another life Jere... I love you but I'm not going to put myself through doubting our relationship constantly." I sigh my eyes tearing up "I truly give you my best wishes and you will always hold a special place in my heart, Jeremiah Fisher." I say my voice quivering, before he could see me cry I roll my tinted windows up and start the car again.

I hope that one day in another life he will love me as purely as I did with the intent of loving me and only me, not some other girl, but until then I will grieve the relationship we once had.