Chapter 19

A soft breeze danced through the white fabric of Rians dress as she held hands with a man she would now spend her life with. They were soft hands as well as strong as she focused all her attention if the tiny scars that danced along his knuckles. She felt Adam squeeze her hands drawling out of her daze, she looked up at him to meet his dipped brows as he glanced towards the priest.

"Ms Blackwell...?" The priest shuffled looking to Adam then back to her?

"Hmm?" She replied confused standing up straighter than before.

"I asked if you accept Adam to be your husband"

"Oh - oh I uh" fidgeting she glanced at Adam and could feeling the burning gaze of every person in that room. Taking a deep breath she plastered on a smile.

"I do" another squeeze of the hand was given.

"By the joining of rings and vows I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride"

The crowd all stood applauding and celebrating the union. Rian and Adam gazed into each other's eyes as they slow leaned in. Rians mouth went dry as her eyes fluttered closed waiting to be met with itch Adams' soft lips. Feeling his brush against hers in a feather light kiss she felt her eyes begging to sting. As well yuck as his lips met here they disappeared, pulling away from each other they joined hands and practically ran down the alter away from their guests.

Stepping inside the family home both Rian and Adam were escorted into the dining room allowing them to have a moment alone before rejoining the wedding party. Going straight for the wine that was presented in the middle of the table Adam gulped down a glass before offering some to Rian. With a shack of her head she began to fiddle with the new piece of Jewellery that sat almost perfectly on her finger, the nerves building up inside her stomach.

"Adam I uh I need to speak to you-" having her stuttering interrupted Adam spoke over her.

"Rian please I need a moment" hearing his deflated voice, Rian chose to swallow her words and her courage and sat quietly on the dining room chair.

Neither of them spoke for what seemed like hours. Adam stood hunched over the table while Rian sat picking at her nails waiting to be notified that they could leave the room, starting their journey as husband and wife. Hearing a soft knock on the door it was their signal to come and join their guests. Pulling is as much air as Rian could she stood and accepted her now husbands outstretched hand, feeling her knees shake and her stomach twist as she did so.

Stepping out of the dining room and back towards the newly transformed garden, Rian couldn't deny the beautiful scene in front of her. Many round tables were scattered across her garden, surrounding a wooden dance floor directly in the middle. Fairly lights scattered across the sky held up by flower covered posts. This was it. This was what she wanted her whole life.

"Introducing Mr and Mrs Martinez" the guests rose from their seats. The roar of their applause caused Rian to flinch her aid taking time to adjust to the sudden noise change. She clung to Adam tighter as she adjusted the piece.

Adam looked down at his new bride. Her fingers dug into his hand as she flinched squinting her eyes as she placed her other hand to her ear. He could not deny, she was stunning breath taking even. Concern seemed to creep in as he watched the nerves settle on Rians face. Giving her hand a squeeze he guided her down the steps and towards their space at the head table, stopping to shake the hands of guests they past plastering a smile on his face.

Pulling out Rians chair he placed a kiss on her head for show before sitting down in his own seat. Light chatter began to fill the garden and he reached for his drink of whiskey that was placed in front of him. He needed this. Throwing the liquid back he savoured the burn that traveled down his throat before glancing at his bride watching her fiddle with her napkin. Picking up her champagne he placed it in front of her hoping it would calm her nerves.

Smiling to hun she picked it up and took a long swig before her eyes went wide and she glanced toward one of her bridesmaids. Adam watched with confused eyes and she slowly let the liquid trickle from her her mouth back into her glance never braking eye contact with her cousin. His brows pulled together and he watched the silent exchanged between the too bit missing the slight head nod to the side Rian threw to the other women before standing up with a slight 'excuse me'.

Waiting a few moments Adam stood and followed behind her.

Rian leaned against the side of her parents house as she felt the busk rise in her stomach. Alexandra stood infront of her, a glass of water in hand looking at Rians pale expression.

"Do you need to be sick?" Rian shook her head to this question. Not trusting her words.

"How are you going to hide not drinking tonight?" Rian didn't answer just looked straight ahead of her her own thoughts and questions clouded her mind.

"Rian?" Alexandra pushed through her thoughts.

"I don't know!" Rian La voiced was raised and frantic her eyes burning with tears. "I'm sorry" relaxing here shoulders she shook her head trying to control her emotions.

" ok ok, let's calm down okay let's not get overwhelmed" Alex tried her best to calm her cousin.

The ladies stood in silence for a moment both basking in the silence trying to make sense or the situation. Alex didn't want to push her cousin even more but a question, the most important question, danced upon her lips.

"Have you told Adam?" Before Rian could answer they were interrupted.

"Tell me what?"

Rian froze at his voice not expecting him to appear or be listening around the corner. She gazed into his eyes, fear ran through her veins loosing her ability to speak. He took a step closer, frustration crossed his face at her absent answer.

"Rian" his voice stern

She opened her mouth but soon covered it with her hand as she flung herself away from him and emptied the contents of her stomach. She felt her hair being pulled away from her face and a hand on her back rubbing small circles. Leaning against the wall she took sips of the water that Adam shoved in her face. Looking up to meet his concerned eyes she felt the tears return in her own. Cupping her cheek, he wiped a stray tear that fell from her eye.

"Are you sick? Shall I call for a doctor?" Worry laced his words and he gestured for her to drink more water.

"No I'm not sick" her voice wobbled as she glanced away from him. Pulling her chin up he forced her to look at him his eyes searching her own.

"Please tell me Ri-"

"I'm pregnant"