Chapter 1

Picture above is Rian (Gabriella lenzi)
———————————————-
Light. It shone through the room, turning every dark corner into a mere shadow. It bounced off her eyelids causing her to stir and groan at the sudden sharpness. Rolling over she looked at her clock.

7:13

Heaving a sigh she rolled onto her back and just simply laid there. Consumed by silence, she glanced out her window seeing the colourful movements of the birds. Reaching over, she felt the coolness of the plastic she had put there the night before. Making sure the devise was secured on properly she switched it on. A high pitched noise met her ears at first but then the soft singing of the birds outside followed.

Dragging her feet out of her bed she proceeded to go into the bathroom to shower and then to dress in her daily attire. Making sure she did this quickly as she was already running later than normal.

Finally walking down the stairs, she followed the noise of where her family gathered every morning. Walking into the kitchen she saw her brother with a plate piled high with her mother at the stove trying to keep up with his eating habits and then there was her father sitting at the head of the table reading his newspaper with a black coffee at hand.

"Morning baby, come eat before your brother has it all" a warm smile danced on her mother's lips

Walking into the kitchen further she placed a kiss upon her farther stubble covered cheek, which never failed to put a smile on his face. Walking over to her mother, who held out a plate she greeted her with a kiss.

"Morning mumma"

Sitting next to her brother, she watched her father fidget and fold his newspaper in half.

"So we have some guests coming over today" with that said her mother cast her farther a look

"No work talk at the table" her unimpressed look again caused her father to fidget. Something was on his mind.

"I am aware but this is more pleasure than work. Nathaniel has gone to greet them at the gate" he refused to meet his wife's gaze.

Before his wife could reply the front door was opened followed by the chatter of Nathaniel and two other voices. Glancing up from her plate at her brothers arrival she smiled waiting to see her brothers face.

But instead was met with a much older face. A face she remembers from when she was a teenager, her dads friend John. Glancing to his right she met the gaze of deep brown orbs. Letting her eyes travel around the stranger she knew one thing. He was handsome.

"John" her father slapped his hands together getting up to meet his guests with a manly hug with a pat on the back.

"Baby you remember John" Anthony looked to his wife who nodded a look of uncertainty on her face.

"Rita lovely to see you again. Gorgeous as always" John Beamed. He turned to the handsome guy next to him "this is my son Adam"

"Hello John. Nice to meet you Adam" came her mother's reply

"Adam, my boy it's nice to see you. This is my son James" he pointed to the man who still shoved food into his mouth, who merely responded with a hum causing his mother to smack him round the back of the head.

"Hey" James nodded before going back to his food.

Her father walked around the table coming to stand behind her. Looking up at him she smiled causing him to kiss her upon her forehead.

"This gorgeous young lady. This is Rian"