Chapter 2

Rian couldn't help but steal glances at this Adam as he stood in the kitchens doorway. Taking in his sharply dressed appearance which consisted of a navy suit with a crisp white skirt which was unbuttoned at the top. Her eyes travelled up to his face as she let her eyes drink in his strong bone structure and alluring eyes.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her father clearing his throat as he nudged his wife.

"Oh yes, please have a seat. Help yourself to food and drink" her mother's sweet voice carried in the kitchen.  But Rian didn't miss the unease of her mother posture at their breakfast guests.

"Why thank you Rita, but we have eaten already. But I will take a coffee" John sat next to James who had just finished his food, finally.

With this James rose to his feet and Nathaniel was quick to take his seat at the table. She watched as James went to their mother kissing her check and thanking her for the food, he turned to the guests and nodded leaving not a second after. James has always been this way, quiet around new people or in big crowds. He had been this way for as long as she could remember.

"Adam won't you take a seat" she heard her fathers voice

With that her eyes travelled to the man that had caught her interest to find his eyes already on her. With a nod he walked around the table and took a seat opposite Rian. His posture stiff and guarded. While studying him she had almost missed her brother hand taking the last piece of bacon off of her plate. With a quick hand and a scowl she slapped his hand away.

"Ow!" He whined as if a small child

"Go and get your own"

"Ma" her 33 year old brother crawled into the vacant seat next to his mother, holding his hand as if she had ran it over.

Her father and his friend chuckled as Rita cuddles her eldest as she gave him the bacon off her plate. With a smirk Nathaniel turned to his sister and ate it slowly, which only caused Rian to roll her eyes with a ghost of a smile on her lips at his childish behaviour. Checking the time on her watch she stood picking up plates.

"Daddy it's time to go" Rian walked to her father
———————-

Adams eyes creased as he frowned. Was she joining them?

With curiosity bubbling inside him he let his eyes travel her entire length- taking in her fitted blouse that cupped her breasts so perfectly and her navy pencil skirt, which almost matched his suit in colour, paired with a yellow belt that emphasised the curve of her waist.

"Yes yes I know baby. We have a few minutes" her farther patted her hand and continued to speak

"Can you go and get my case please? It's in my office"

With a smile and a nod she turned on her heal to leave not before looking over at Adam and throwing him a wink. He blinked. She winked at me? Why? Once she had left the room Anthony turned to the people still sat at the table.

"I have some business matters to attend to if you and your son would care to join me. After you both may join the family for dinner where we can discuss our....arrangement" Anthony said with a wiggle of his tie, avoiding his wife's eyes.

"What arrangement?" The question fell form not only his wife's lips but from Anthony sons lips as well.

Anthony shifted again. Adam watched in disbelief. Had he not told them? With a frown he turned to his father who simple shook his head, a sign saying to keep quiet. Turning back to the married couple he watched as Tony opened and closed his moth at his wife's intense stare, unable to for words. It was amusing to him, seeing the powerful Anthony Blackwell stumbling for words due to his wife.

"Anthony"her voice held a warning but before he could even utter a word, Rian strutted into the room but slowed due to the tense atmosphere.

"Wha-" before she could finish John cut her off by standing

"Come Rian, your father wishes to speak to your mother about your birthday" Adam stood when he saw his farther extend his elbow for Rian to take hold

She seemed to buy the lie as a smile caressed her lips. She placed her father case on the table next to him on the table and she looked at her family.

"Remember a chocolate cake and a cheesecake. I want the prettiest gift you can find with shoes to die for" with a wink she linked her hand around Johns elbow and walked out the house with him.

As Adam followed he could t help but think of her demands when it came to what she wanted. The prettiest gift and shoes to die for. The young Blackwells spoiled nature shone through, proving that his future wife was a daddies princess.