Prologue

This is my first story so please If you do see mistakes please point them out but not in a mean way, feel free to comment or vote if you like the story! I'll try update 2 times a week.

Thank you hope you enjoy

——————————————————-

"Dad"

"Dad wake up"

"Dad please"

Hearing his eldest sons pleading words, Anthony Blackwell fought to open his eyes. Blinking back the haze that clouded his vision his sons face, Nathaniel, came into view and it was one that held panic.

Groaning, he tore his gaze off his eldest and looked around the room when he saw his middle child, James. He, like Nathaniel and Anthony, was bound to a chair by his hands and feet. What had happened? All he remembered was taking the boys on rounds, checking in with the guards at the gates. A thought entered his mind at the site of his two children.

'Where are my wife and daughter?'

With as strong a voice as he could muster he looked at Nathaniel.

"Where is your mother and sister?"

Nathaniel couldn't answer for he didn't know. He had hoped they were safe and that his mother had managed to get herself and his four year old sister into one of the safe rooms.

"I-I don't know. I-I woke in the chair. Dad I-"
Cutting his son off by a mere sigh he turned to James. With tears rolling down his cheeks, the eleven year old boy had eyes wide with panic. But his eyes were not on his father but on a figure behind him.

"Oh look who decided to wake up" a voice he did not recognise stated.

The stranger began walking into the room dragging behind him two figures. Tony's heart all but broke as his wife and daughter followed the man. Eyes locked on his wife he scanned for injuries and caught sight of a black mark forming under her eye. Before rage could set in piette sobs reached his ears. Sobs so scarred it caused his own eyes to sting and water. Sobs that he wished he would never hear. Those sobs belonged to his daughter.

"Daddy" her little feet began to carry her towards her father. But before she could take even two steps she was stopped.

"Now now little princess" the stranger dragged her screaming, to stand in front of the by Blackwell family. He threw a pointed look at the trembling mother as she shuffled towards her baby making her halt to a stop.

"You are probably wondering why I'm here and what I want. Well Mr. Blackwell I am here to take a life from you the way you took one from me. That life being my sons life. You took him from me. You and your little followers took him. Killed him" He spat the last part out of his mouth as if it burned his tongue to say.

"So I want you to pick" everyone went silent. James was no longer crying. Nathaniel was no longer struggling in the chair. His wife frozen in shock. But his daughters sobs never died.

"W-what?" Anthony all but chocked on his words

"Pick which of your children will die"

"Don't you dare Anthony!" His wife all but screamed

Staring at this imposter, Anthony sat in shock while he tied his wife to a chair. He watched as she kicked, scratched and hit anyway she could. He couldn't pick. Not his children. He wouldn't. Me. I choose me.

"Daddy" Rians' arms reached for him yet again wishing to be held by her father.

"Shh baby it's okay. It will be ok" trying his best to sooth his daughter and appear in control in front of the stranger was proving difficult.

"Me Anthony me choose me plea-" his wife's pleads were cut short

"I'm afraid it can't be you hunny" the stranger finished with a stroke of her cheek

"Dad. Pick me" Nathaniel's voice rang out.

All heads snapped to him. But Nathaniel's eyes were not on his dad or on the stranger with the gun, but on his sister. His wife's cries grew louder. Another shook his head. No. No.

"No dad. Pick me" James now confident voice spoke out above his mothers cries which again only grew at her sons request.

James to, was looking at his sister. Their love for her shone through making the tiniest bit of pride grow. That when it was heard, the front door banging open.

Tony expected panic to overtake the invader but no nothing but calmness. The stranger observed the love they all had for the sobbing infant. He had picked. He took two strides towards the child causing the rest of the family to go into a frenzy.

"Don't you fucking touch her" Tony thrashed against his restraints. The noise of footsteps running up the stairs grew.

"Please no" his wife begged

"Stop!" Tony yelled. Wrists going raw at the force of his determination to be freed.

But thus, the stranger picked up Rian from her cowered position against her parents bed and placed her on her feet. Pointing the gun to her head just as Anthony's men kicked in the door.

Everything froze. The sobs of his wife. His men at the door. His sons eyes on their sister. His heart froze.

"Shoot me and she diiiesss" he all but sang

"No one move" Anthony's voice held its own warning to those who dared move.

Rians' cries never stopped. Her arms that reached for him never grew tired. Her pleas for him to hold her never wavered.

"Daddy I don't l-like" her eyes never left her father and he drank in all her fear that were portrayed in them.

The gun was placed next to her ear. Everyone jolted forward causing the stranger to laugh.

"Daddy" her sobs suddenly stopped.

Everyone stopped breathing.

His wife screamed.

His sons yelled.

And all at once...His men pulled their triggers and the strangers gun fired.