CHAPTER 5: THE NINA PROJECT

Warning: blood
Wordcount ~ 2226

Maxs' pov
Me and y/n are awake as everyone else is asleep, Dustin was supposed to supervise us but he dozed off, so we went upstairs to the kitchen when Karen Wheeler said," Good  morning girls, here help yourselves to some breakfast" "Thanks Karen but I'm alright" y/n said, which confused me but eh, I took 2 eggs and thanked Ted and Karen Wheeler.

I sat at the table with y/n as we both listened to music on our walkmen.

When all of a sudden Nancy and Dustin came up looking worried.

Me and Max couldn't hear their conversation, but when Nancy came over we both paused our music and took off our headphones.

"Hey" I said to Nancy, "Hey. You both okay" Nancy replied looking worried.

"We just couldn't sleep, people kept blasting music into our ears for some reason"I say and Nancy just chuckles.

"But Holly let Max borrow some of her crayons. We've been having fun , right Holly?" Y/n says. "Mm-hmm" Holly hums as she hugs y/n.

I could tell y/n was good with kids as she helped Holly colour and listen to her music at the same time, it made me lost in thought for a minute, staring at how adorable y/n looked with her glasses, which she needs for reading, she goes back to reading the book.

But then Nancys voice snaps me out of my thought," is thus what you both saw last night?" She asked, causing y/n to put her book mark in her book and set it down on the table while replying with "Yep ". "I mean it's supposed to be. I thought it'd be easier to draw it out than to explain it, but... not so much". I explain rolling my eyes. Y/ns hand reaches for mine and she squeezes it to show I tried and then she let's go.

I kinda wished I could hold it longer.

"Is that?" Nancy questions, but y/n cuts her off ,"It's like they were on display,  but Chrissy was alive, with many broken bones but her eyes were their even though her jaw is snapped she could speak very muffled though" y/n explained.

"And there was red fog everywhere, it was like a dream, a nightmare " I say.

"You think Vecnas just trying to scare you both?" Nancy questions.

"With Billy? Yeah but I'm not so sure what fir y/n though" I say.

We both look at y/n and she says ,"just umm... just with Chrissy" y/n says Nancy buys it but I don't but brush it off

"He seemed surprised that we were there, like he didn't want us there" Y/n says.

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind, he invaded your minds right? Is it that big a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his? Like Freddie Kruger's boiler room". Dustin explained.

"Freddie Kruger?"Holly questioned.

"He's a super burned-up dude with razors for fingers and he kills you in your dreams" Dustin says.

"Dustin! Seriously" Nancy shouts slightly.

I look at y/n ,admiring her I never noticed how beautiful her eyes were, but they look teary, like what Dustins words said affected her, I'll ask some other time but not with anyone around.