Chapter 7: the prisoner

Mareyn blinked tears from her i's.

Dead.. the word echoed in her thoughts. Dead... dead... dead... She had nobody now. She had never felt so... alone. D.e.a.d. D-E-A-D dead

/ded/

adjective

1.

no longer alive.

"a dead body"

synonyms: deceased, expired, departed, gone, no more, passed on, passed away; late, lost, lamented; perished, fallen, slain, slaughtered, killed, murdered; lifeless, not breathing, having breathed one's last, defunct, extinct, inanimate, insentient, insensate, inert; informal(as) dead as a doornail, six feet under, pushing up daisies, under the sod; euphemistic with God, asleep, at peace; raredemised, exanimate.

Lark was her truest friend. And her only friend.... she was sadder than ever but could not cry.

"LARK" she yelled. It was all so sad because she felt sad. Also no teachers heard her because she was in an empt.pty PE class. They were outside running and Mareyn was being sad.

"I don't care about the great math alliance mathters anymore" said mareyn to herself since the classroom was empty.

"agh!" She spat and tossed the staple removers she still held in her hand so it would not be still held in her hand.

Lark didn't have To DIE. MAREYN felt thousans and hundreds of ways she could have saved her.

If onLY she had done this! Or that! Growling,She stomped on the staple removers in her fury. Lark had always been there for her. Unlike everyone else. ANNYONE ELSE.

She was mad at everything. The tournament , the alliance, her team... But most of alll... herself.

How could she have let this happen! HOW.

"CRUNCH" she heard a crunch. She wasn't sure if it was a staple remover or her foot. "OW." she screamed in pain. But the PAIN in her foot was less than the pain in her HEART.

She felt ANGERY. It was all so UNFAIR! how could wolfblood I mean Falcon shadow , Darkblood, Gyr, Lykos, and Sickle just TROT AWAY from a DEATH!

She wished she had neEVER talked to lark! that way she would STILL BE ALIVE. She felt HURT to her CORE.

"ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD,,,,,,!,!!!!!!!!,!!! Well I mean I only had one friend."

"Grr!" It was pathetic so it was even more sad. AAAAAAAAAAA.AA..A."¿

"Sniffl" she sniffed. "I HOPE the tournament ENDS. ITS ALL BECAUSE OF THE TOURNMENT!!"

Then she sat up straight. She heard a footstep. It was..............

"BERRY!" Mareyn gasped. "Why're you here?" She asked

"YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRYING!! DONT GIVE UP,!!! KEEP ON LEARNING!! YOURE DOING GREAT!!"

"IM NOT HERE FOR A PEP TALK BERRY! IM HERE SO I CAN BE SAD."

"Our whole team needs you. Imagine what the other teams will think when they realize that Mareyn was a BAD KID and decided to leave?"

"My friend is dead!"

"Don't just be SAD. That gets you NO WHERE."

"Well were going to lose ANYWAYS! NO matter HOW MUCH I LEARN!"

Berry shook his head.

"The other teams are struggling just as much as us. At least try!"

"I HATE THE TOURNAMENT AND I DONT CARE ABOUT IT. YOURE SO STUPID! YOU CARE ABOUT SILLY THINGS LIKE THE TOURNAMENT WHILE PEOPLE DIE IN FRONT OF YOU!"