1.

Los Angeles, California
1994
*excuse any mistakes*

Samirah Williams| early July
  "And make sure to get the lamb chops while your out, Gammy and em' are gonna be on their way soon and I gotta finish putting up these balloons in the back!"

Lacing my shoes, I rolled my eyes after my mom told me now, for the uhmp-teenth time about them damn lamb chops, not understanding why she didn't just get them herself while she was out earlier.

" Yea ma, I heard you!" grabbing my black furry long strapped tote bag off the dresser, catching a quick glance at her appearance. I wore my hair back into a ponytail with a hair clip to hold it in place, letting my bangs fall.

While, sporting a cut white-t showcasing her belly piercing with baggy low riser jeans and some Air Force 1s to match. Topping it off with some small sliver hoop earrings.

Simple but cute.

  Jetting down the stairs, I said a quick farewell to my mom. I shut and locked the door behind me, skipping every other step down the porch.

     I heard my name being called, it stopped me in my tracks. I looked around me but I couldn't tell where it was coming from. " Yo, Sam!" Turning around I saw to two familiar faces.

  Hakeem and Braylen. Two childhood friends of mine. Two peas in a pod.

    I shook my head at Hakeem's loud mouth. " What fool?" I held a playful smirk on my face. I put a hand on my hip, putting all my weight on my right leg.

" You going to the party tonight?" This time it was Braylen was speaking.

" Oh uh, I don't know yet my folks supposed to be coming over tonight, we gon' have us a cookout."

" Oh— ok that's cool." His voice sounded as if it dropped a little before he caught himself and picked it up.

Hakeem snickered on the side, stealing a glance at Bray.

" Well, anyway if you gon' be there tonight make sure you bring Destiny's fine ass." I rolled my eyes at Hakeem's remark. Destiny was my best friend since junior high.

   " Mhm, I'll be sure to tell her she'll be sooo siked." I spoke sarcastically.

  He just rubbed his hands together and smirked.

    I had to admit, Hakeem was actually kinda fine that's why it was confusing how he could act sometimes.

   Too fine to be acting like that.

" Yeah, you do that." He smiled once more.

He hit at Braylen's chest, " Yo, Bray let's go." He gestured his head, insinuating they were going now.

   " Aight, well see you tonight?" Braylen asked before following behind Hakeem who was already damn near halfway about to turn the corner.

   " Nigga come on!" He yelled.

   " Hold on, shit!" Braylen shouted, putting his pointer finger in the air.