7.

Brooklyn, New York
1994
*excuse any mistakes*

Sincere Moore| late July
It was a early mornin'. Real early. The sun hadn't even risen yet. I was taking my daily route to go by Ant's crib to scoop him up. This was an everyday routine. I'd go pick up Anthony, and we'd go woopty-woop and be back before his moms was put into a frenzy.

She of course didn't approve of his occupation, but as long as he made it back in one piece.
She'd learn to live with it the best way she knew how. Ant always assured her this was something temporary not long-term and he'd make sure of it.

Most couldn't live up to that, but I had faith in him. There wasn't any deception indicated, whenever it was mentioned. I knew he'd keep his word.

Anthony and I been knowing each other since we was kids. We grew up together in a sense. We didn't run with the same group of people, but whenever we ran into each other it was always love.

Over the years, around the ninth grade, we became tight and ever since then we been each-other's right hand man.

Pulling into Ant's apartment complex, I pulled into one of the parking spaces. Putting the car in park, I grabbed a piece of gum from my cup-holder, indulging in its minty favor. I took the key out of the ignition, exiting the car.

Reaching Anthony's door, I knocked and was met with the presents of his moms.

I smiled, " Hey Ms. Gloria, how you been?" She embraced me with a hug. " I been doing good, how you?" I walked further into the door way, closing and locking it behind us. She walked away into the kitchen.

I shrugged. " I can't complain." I took a sit on the couch.

" That's good to hear, Anthony should be out any minute." She shouted from the kitchen. "Alright, I'll be right here."

" You don't want something to eat?" She peaked her head out from the kitchen.

I straighten my posture. " Oh, no I'm alright."

" Now, you know it ain't a problem."

" Nah, I don't wanna intrude."

" Boy hush, go ahead and make yourself comfortable at the table." She pointed with the fork in her hand, at the table.

I just chuckled, shaking my head.

I surrendered, knowing the was no point in trying to reason with her. I took a sit at my designated, un-designated spot I'd always sit in whenever I came over.

A few minutes later, I was given a plate that consisted of pancakes, bacon, eggs and toast.
I can't lie Ms. Gloria could throw down, so I don't see why I even tried to protest.

" Thank you."

" You're welcome, baby." She smiled down at me. I sat aside my gum from early on a piece of napkin. I started to chow down on the food in front of me.

The room filled with silence before, Ant loud ass came from down the hallway.

" Yo, yo! What's the word baby?" He put me in a head lock. Damn near making me choke on my food before taking a sit across from me.