4.

Los Angeles, California
1994
*excuse any mistakes *

Samirah Williams| July
  After, getting off of work I went up to the bathroom to run myself a bath. While my water was running I decided to go and heat me up some leftovers from last night.

   Making my way back upstairs I went to go and check up on my bath, seeing that it was ready. I turned off the faucet and went to go and strip from my work clothes, wrapping my towel over my body. I grabbed my hair tie and put my hair in a back bun, putting my hair clip in to ensure it stayed in place.

   Dipping a foot in to make sure it wasn't too hot, content with the temperature, I unwrapped my towel and settled in the water. Just what I needed after dealing with them people. I closed my eyes, and got more comfortable.

   Hearing a ring I mentally rolled my eyes at the sound of it. Reaching for the phone from off the bathroom rack, wrapping the wire around my forearm I held the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Heyyy girly girl!"

   I moved the phone away from me to stop and look at the phone wrinkling up my nose in the process, glancing at the mini clock beside all my hair products on the bathroom rack, reading 1:05am. 

   I know she didn't just call me hollering in my ear at this time.

   Resting my elbow on the side of the bath tub pinching the bridge of my nose. I put the phone back to my ear.

" Destiny, why are you calling my phone at 1 in the morning, yelling in my ear like a mad woman?" I calmly responsed back to her.

" I guess it is a lil late huh?" She giggled, like something was funny.

  I sucked my teeth. "Girl, what do you want?"

  "Oh, right! Sooo you know how my car been in the shop since last week,"

"Yes." I said for her to go on, already knowing where this was going.

"Well I was wondering if you could...come with   somewhere." She mumbled the last part but I heard her clear as day.

" Go where?" I questioned.

" Oh uh at— the airport." She stammered in her speech a little.

" The airport? Des you know I love you and all but that's like a 35 minute drive and I just got off from work." I groaned.

" I know, I feel weird calling you at this time of night—morning, or whatever but please I already asked Ebony and she said and I quote "Hell no," She mocked in Ebony's voice. I chuckled to myself. She sounded just like her.

  " Then proceeded to hang up in my face. And Jermaine supposedly busy right now," She spoke in a sarcastic tone.

" So, pleaseee." I just knew she was making a pouty face.

I thought for a moment.

I gave in. "Ugh, fineee I'll be there in like 20 minutes."

" Thank you, thank you! Ok uh let me go put some clothes on." She exclaimed.

  I unwrapped the phone wire from around my arm, putting it face down on the bathroom rack. I reached for my towel off the toilet sit. covering myself. I picked the phone back up.