10.

Brooklyn, New York
1994
*excuse any mistakes*

Sincere Moore| early August
Ever since, I asked Sam if I could take her on a date she'd been pestering me about what I had planned.

I found amusement in her desperation to know where our whereabouts would be. she says she won't stop until I give in. Well, I guess she just gon' have to keep askin', because I wasn't lettin' up.

    Right now, I'm in a floral shop, not too far from where I live. It was taking me way longer than it should to find flowers that would compliment her. I guess I wanted it to mean something. I didn't just wanna pick any cliché bouquet of flowers.

My eyes ran through the variety of flowers. I took heed of these violet blossoms. The plum, slender physique stood tall as if it wanted to catch my attention.

I saw a older woman who I'm guessing was the owner of the store, come from the back room. " Uh, excuse me, what kind of flowers are these?" I pointed.

She looked up at me, stopping what she was doing and walked over to me to see which I was referring to. " Ohh, these." She flashed a smile at me. " These are called Salvias', which insure a long and healthy life." I just looked at them for a moment before facing her again.

" I'll take em'."  She nodded, and prepared to wrap them up for me. I knew she'd like them. Can't lie, I couldn't wait to see her. I'd been anticipating today. We hadn't seen each other since I left LA a few weeks back. But, we always caught ourselves talking each other's ear off over the phone most nights.

   Even though we weren't physically around each other it wasn't hard to tell we both enjoyed each other's company. No matter what I was doing I never turned down a phone call from her.

   To tell the truth, I was nervous. Of course I didn't show it. But on the inside I was feeling a mixture of all sort of emotions. It was weird to me even in the short amount of time we've known each other, she already had this affect on me.

   I didn't know how to feel about it, but I was all for seeing where this would go.

— — —

Samirah Williams|
  "Aw, shit." I said to myself at my now fourth attempt to slick this bang to the side. I took the two clips from behind my ear, causing my hair to fall out of place.

" Okay, let's try this again." I huffed. I attempted once again at trying to perfect this swoop to give a finishing touch to my high slick ponytail. Finally deciding to cooperate with me, I was satisfied with the out come.

Taking a look at my mini clock I saw that it read 7:35 pm in bold red. I still had some time. I made a mental note, to hurry since I was in the mist of doing my makeup. I went with my go-to natural, soft look. I made myself a sort of makeshift vanity, I bought a small mirror from the store and some little cute bins to put my miscellaneous hair stuff in.

Hearing the door close from behind me, I turned seeing, Gina. " Hey girly girl, where you bout to go?" She sat down on her bed, setting her purse aside.

" A date."

" Ouu a date??" I glanced at her in the mirror, seeing a small smile written on her face. I laughed quietly before going back to applying my lip liner.