3.

Los Angeles, California
1994
*excuse any mistakes*

Samirah Williams|early July
The next morning we all ended up going to a Denny's not far from Ebony's apartment.

"Ouu my head is killing me." Destiny groaned.

Oh yea, so I forgot to mention we didn't actually go straight to Ebony's after the party, we took a lil detour after hearing about another party. That Des was sooo persistent on going to, she was really a light weight so I don't know why she would do that to herself.

And even after that we still didn't stop there we ended driving all around LA going place to place, with me as the designated driver of course. As always. So we really didn't get to her place till like 4 or 5 in the morning.

Now, 11:45 here we are, after having to drag Des out-literally drag her out the door just to get her to come out.

Spreading some butter on my pancakes, I shook my head at her. "I mean, nobody told you to go and do all that, eat some it'll make you feel better."

I then, cut up my pancakes into fours, pouring some syrup over them. Before I went ahead and dug in.

"No, I just wanna go to sleep." She put her head down and mumbled.

"Mm, suit yourself but, I'm gone eat."

"Ok." Ebony chimed in, eating at her omelette.

Des and I just looked at her, she looked up at us and we all just bust out laughing.

"Nah, but for real I got this lil photo shoot gig coming up and I'm kinda nervous y'all." Destiny mumbled putting her head back down.

Destiny has always been into photographing ever since I've known her. She said one day she wants to do something in film.

"Girl, you'll be fine, you just gotta know those people only gone matter for the moment not forever. So their opinion holds no weight, remember that." I pointed at her.

Picking her head back up before speaking, she looked at me with an unsure look.

"Mmm.....I don't know, maybe it's just natural jitters, like I'm not nervous but I'm nervous, you know?"

She took a sip of her water, rubbing her hands through her face.

"No more talking about that. I don't wanna
jinx it."

"Jinx it? Gir-" Ebony laughed, taking a sip of her apple juice. Des just ignored her tapping for me to get up so she could go to the restroom.

Sitting back down, I noticed someone a few sits down.

Ebony looked up noticing me stare. "What?"

"I think I know her."

"Who?" She asked looking back to see who I was looking at.

"Oh, isn't that ole girl who got into that fight at the party?" Ebony laughed.

" Yea, she gave me her number so we could
kick it."