8.

Brooklyn, New York
1994
*excuse any mistakes*

Sincere Moore | early August
" I'm outside." Sincere spoke to the person on the other end of the phone, before hanging up.

A few moments passed before a young man, who looked to be in his teens appeared, tapping at the car window.

" Yo." Unlocking the door, Sincere let him in.

" Took you long enough." Sincere playfully hit at his shoulder.

" Man, moms was going on and on giving me a lecture, about not getting into no shi- I mean stuff." He shrugged.

" She ain't wrong. I mean whatchu be doing Kanan?" He turned his body towards him. His face grimaced with disappointment but concern.

He smacked his lips, " Man I knew you'd be on the same shit." He spoke, his eyes never leaving the window.

" Watch yo' mouth. And hell yeah, with the way you been acting? Tuh." He shook his head, accelerating out of the parking spot.

He nudged at his chin, " And look at me when I'm talking to you. Always look someone in the eyes when they talking to you."

" Here we go."

" Yeah, here we go. I'm just sayin' what the fuck I'm taking you to school for, just for you to be actin' like billy badass."

" If somebody tryna fuck with me I gotta come back ten times harder or they gon' think they can get over on me. And this ain't that." He shrugged his shoulders.

Sincere let out a petty chuckle, " Oh so, you think you hard, huh?" He glanced over at him.

" See-"

They were stopped at a red light, Sincere turned over his whole body to Kanan. " See nothing. Look this what's finna happen, you gon' take yo' lil ass to school and go to yo' classes and come back home, do homework. And that's it. None of that other shit, stressing mama out. You hear me?" He gave him a stern look.

He didn't say anything, instead just looked straight ahead.

" Yo." He flicked the side of his head.

He sucked his teeth, grimacing his eyes at him," Yeah man, I hear you."

" Aight, then." And with that they did their handshake.

Soon they arrived at his school. " Alright, I'll be here to pick you up at three." He nodded, in confirmation and departure out of the car.

Man that kid something else, making my blood pressure go up.

---

Samirah Williams|
My plane had landed. Finally. I couldn't take it anymore. Between the old lady next to me running her mouth, telling me her whole life story and the little boy kicking at the back of my seat I don't know who I wanna slap more.

Forgive me god, but whew I was really gonna catch a case today.

After, landing and waiting to get off board. I went down to the luggage area to get my bags. I caught a taxi, the drive to my dorm had to have been a 30 minute drive.

Arriving at my destination, I paid the taxi driver and thanked him for helping me with my luggage.

I mentally cursed to myself, hating that I'd brung so much with me but, I couldn't come empty handed. So even if I'm complaining now, it'd all be worth it later.

Snapping me out of my thoughts I heard a familiar feminine voice from behind. " Hey, you need help with that?"

I turned around, and to my surprise it was, Autumn.

( from chapter 3)

" Autumn?" I inquired, giving her small smile.

" Samirah? I thought that was you." In return she softly smiled back at me.

" Yeah. Mm. What are the odds?" I chuckled.

She walked over closer to me. " Here, let me help." She grabbed two of my bags, putting them over her shoulders, while I took the others. We started to walk, I don't know where to. But, we started walking.

" Thank you."

" Mhm. So, NYC, huh?"

" Yep." I said popping the p. " What you majoring in?"

" Advertising and marketing."

"Ah. ok, ok so you a fashionista?" She nudged her shoulder into mine.

I shrugged, and lowly chuckled. " Eh, I don't know if I'd call myself a ' fashionista' but something like that I guess." " You?" I flipped the question.

" Graphic design."

" Ah, okay I see." She smiled at me, shaking her head at my antics. " You a freshman, right?" I shook my head yes in response, trailing off with a sigh. " Yeah, fresh out of high school."

" You don't seem like it, you come off real mature."

I inhaled sharply, pushing back some hair that had fallen to my face. " So I've been told. You do too, actually."

" And so I've also been told." She looked and smiled.

" So, uh where are we headed anyway? I need to get to the dorms."

" I kind of figured, that's actually where we're headed." She pointed in the direction to our left.

" Oh, good because I had no idea where I was going." We shared a laugh.

After going my separate ways with Autumn, I found my dorm room, when I walked inside I took heed of the other bed that had already been solidified. There were a caliber of posters of famous musicians and it was rather bright and vibrant on their side of the room. Whoever they were I could tell they were a big jazz fan. While my side of the room was plain and untouched, having yet to be personalized with my own touch.

It was actually a nice sized room, not too cluttered and compacted. Enough space for me and whoever my roommate may be. Now, I'm not the nosey type and I didn't want to invade their personal space but, at the same time I did want to know what kind of person I was going to be rooming with, in such a personal and intimate living space.

I sort of rummaged a little with their things but not too, too much I didn't wanna go too far because I know I would hate it if someone were to do the same to me.

After a while, I set all my bags aside, not caring to unpack anything due to the lack of energy. Instead I chose to go look around campus and come back to it later.

I got up, locking the door behind me.
-
Xoxo.
🥀

Filler chapter, gave up half way through...
Feedback?