Recap/chapter 1

Third person

Rue did it, she got rid of Caleb. He's gone. But I'm doing so, she died too. But, she met Rose who offered to bring her back to life. Rue took the offer and also asked her to bring back Sunset Curve.

Rose said she couldn't do that, but she could something close enough. The boys are visible to all lifers, and can be touched by all lifers. They're still ghosts, but you wouldn't know it unless you were told it.

Everything finally seems to be going good for every one. Flynn and Carrie started dating, they're taking it slow. Alex and Willie finally kissed and are officially boyfriends. Julie and Luke's relationship is going strong. Reggie can be friends with Ray and Carlos and Rue gone like he thought she was. Alex and Reggie have become closer through everything.

Everything is going perfectly, until Trevor shows up. He recognizes Luke, and he can't believe that's he's still here. He thought for sure the streetdogs would kill then.

Well now Trevor has a new plan.

Julie's POV

"You." Luke says through gritted teeth, glaring at Trevor and bawling up his fists.

"If you're here...than Alex and Reggie..."

"Want nothing to do with you just like me." Luke says. "Why are you here!?"

I take Luke's hand in mine sensing his anger. I rub my thumb on his hand to try and calm him.

"I just came to pick up my daughter." He says.

"Carrie's inside." I say.

Trevor heads inside and Luke's turns to face me. "Why is be here?!"

"Luke calm down, he's just here to get Carrie." I say.

"Okay but he didn't even address the fact he's a song stealing little -"

"Luke." I interrupt him. "You didn't confront him about it either."

"You're right." He says his brows furrowing. "I'm gonna go talk to him." He says heading to the door.

"Luke!" I say he turns around. "Remember what we said? You have new music now with me. Forget about Trevor."

"It's kinda hard to just forget when he's standing right in front of me." Luke says. "He stole our songs, the songs I wrote, the songs my mom said wouldn't get me anywhere. But look at Trevor. He's someone. He took those songs and they brought him somewhere. All he had to do was give me credit, and she would have seen that my dreams weren't as worthless as she thought. She would have been proud of me instead of disappointed."

"Luke..." I say. How could he ever think his mom is disappointed in him. Is she could see him now she's be beyond proud.

"You just don't get it Julie." He says. "You weren't there."

"Where?" I ask confused.

"In the 90s, back when we were alive." He says and I should have known that's what he meant. Of course I don't understand, not fully. "You didn't hear the things she would say about the band."

"Your mom is proud of you." I say. "You were there when I went to your house."

"That's different." Luke says.

"How?" I ask. "Your mom didn't say the song was worthless or that your dream was worthless then."

"Because what's the point of calling a dead guys dream worthless?" He says. And he just poofs away leaving me unsure what to do. I wish I understood more, I wish I could help him but I don't know how.