Chapter 5

Reggie's POV

Rue and Luke left so they could talk in private and at fort I was thankful I wouldn't have to listen to Luke accusing her but now I could only worry about what Luke is saying to her.

I know she's not his favorite person right now, and I'm not asking him to be besties with her, I just wish he would trust her. Or trust me that she's on our side now.

We are still working with Trevor on the melody and even after we still have to record. I just can't wait to be done with this.

"So, I see you and Reggie are getting along better than in the 90s." Trevor says looking over at Alex. "It seemed like you hated him before."

"Yea well I can't hate anyone more than I hate  you." Alex flashes him a sarcastic smile.

Me and Alex have always had a weird love hate relationship where he teases my all the time but then he would turn around a punch anybody who did the same. But ever since I've opened up more to Alex he's been teasing me less and asking if I'm okay more. I kinda want to go back to how it was before because I don't want Alex to have to worry about me.

"I was just saying-" Trevor begins.

"Bobby- or Trevor or whatever you want us to call you, I don't care what you were saying. Let's just focus on the song."

We continue working on the melody which doesn't take long. It all comes into place fairly quickly. Now we just need to wait for Luke to get here to see if he's cool with everything and so we can record. And then we are officially done with working with Trevor. I can't wait.

Rue's POV

Me and Luke go to the beach and even though things were getting intense before now both of us were silent. I didn't know what to say and was hoping he'd start just questioning me again so I can answer him and we can move in from this. If I'm gonna be friends with Reggie, I have to get along with Luke but I'm pretty sure he hates me.

"Well?" I ask. "Any questions. You seemed to have a lot to say in the studio."

"Look, Reggie's one of my best friends, in just a little protective is all." Luke says. "You betrayed him once, you could again."

"I wish I never brought him there. If I could go back and change the past I would."

"You're human now, right?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm not even gonna ask how that's possible but...don't you think that means you should try and...I don't know find a life." Luke says. "Not like to be rude or anything!" He quickly adds. "It's just, if you keep getting g closer with Reggie, it'll just hurt more when you grow up and im move on and he's stuck at seventeen forever."

He's right. I've never thought about that. I'm gonna grow old and move on and he's just gonna live on as a seventeen year old ghost forever.

"You're gonna have to leave him at some point. And I'm just saying it might be sooner rather than later."

I look down at my feet. He is absolutely right. I'm gonna have to leave him at some point and the longer I stay the more it will hurt when I go.

"I should get back now." Luke says. "You coming? Or am I delivering a  message to Reggie?"

"You go ahead. And, don't tell Reggie about this conversation." I say. "I'll talk to him later and say goodbye."

Luke nods and poofs away.

How am I gonna say goodbye? Reggie's become one of my closest friends. I don't want to leave him, but I don't want to hurt him either.

Luke's POV