Lost files

Hi! I was looking through my notes app trying to clear up some storage and I found this in my "Could have been" file for this book. I guess I deleted this scene. Anyways I thought I'd share it with you all because I feel really bad for discontinuing this book.

I hope you enjoy, even though it's not very long

Rue's POV

I sit on a dock by the water, dipping my feet in the cool water. How exactly am I gonna tell Reggie I'm a ghost again. He's gonna ask questions and I can't tell him I made a deal with someone I told him was dangerous.

Sometimes I wonder if Luke was right. If me and Reggie meeting was a mistake. Maybe I should stay away from him. Maybe he would be better off without me.  I mean Luke didn't directly say those things, but ever since I got the feeling he doesn't like me I figured he felt that way.

"Hey." Reggie says suddenly poofing next to me with a smile. I can't help but smile back, him smile and laugh are so contagious. Being around him instantly makes me feel warm, fuzzy, and happy. He reminds me of the sun, he's just a rat if sunshine and one of the sweetest people I've ever met.

"Hey you." I say.

"A lot of stuff kinda just happened. I came to be with you to take a break from everything." Reggie says. "Is it weird that whenever I'm with you I feel so calm."

I feel my cheeks get warm and I look away so he can't see me sheets get rosy red. "No not at all." I say.  "I kinda feel the same." Everything about him felt right. Being with him ever right. This just felt right, but what if it's not. Deep down I'm  afraid of hurting him again the way I did when I gave him to Caleb.

"Cool." Reggie smiles.

"Reggie there's something I have to tell you." I say.

"Oh." He says his smile fading. "What is it?"

"I'm a ghost again."

"What, h-how is that-" he begins.

"It's a long story." I say. "But...now we don't have to worry about what happens when I start growing old and you just stay stuck in time."

"You didn't have to do that." Reggie says.

"I wanted to." I say. "But Reggie, I think it's better...I think it's better we just go our separate ways." I say. The irony of this situation, I became a ghost to be with him, and now I can't even be with him. The guy I sold my soul too will just use me to hurt him I know it. I can't do that to him again.

Sorry it was so short but I hope you liked it and I honestly don't remember where this was supposed to go or why I took it out. I'm not sure if I have any more deleted scenes (I'm pretty positive this is the only one) but if I do happen to find anymore I'll post them.

Love you <3 take care of yourselves and always stand tall 💜👻