Chapter 10

Reggie's POV

I'm beginning to think there's no getting out of here. Luke is still trying g to break through the door to no success and Alex is still nervously pacing back and force so much it's making my dizzy.

"We're gonna die in here." I mumble. "I'm starving, couldn't have left us a pizza or something?"

"Reggie, one were already dead and two we can't eat." Alex says.

"Let me have my fantasies." I say.

"Whatever." Alex sighs going back to his pacing.

"What do you think Trevor's plan is?" I ask. "He's not just gonna leave us here, is he? And what did he do to Julie?"

"You ask a lot of questions." Luke sighs. "I thought that was Alex's thing."

"Yeah well there's not much to do in this small little box other than think." I say. "So I can't help but come up with questions."

"You thinking? That's rare." Alex says, at least he's not so nervous he can't make fun of me.

"Rude." I mutter.

Trevor walks back into the studio and Luke stops beating up the door to glare at him.

"Sorry I was gone so long." Trevor says. "I forgot how persuasive Julie was."

"Where is she?!" Luke asks even though Trevor won't be alone to hear us.

"Anyways, I just need you three to agree to the new arrangement." Trevor says. "All you need to do is cross over. You'll be free, moved on from afterlife, I won't have to harm you, and I still get what I want. It's a win for everyone."

None of us say anything or do anything. We stand as still as statues.

Luke was the first to turn and face me and Alex.

"What do you guys think?" Luke asks.

"We don't even know our unfinished business." I say. I don't want to cross over. It just doesn't feel right, and if we cross over and I never see them again? Then what do I do?

"Look we can't do anything until we know more. Like where Julie is and if she'll be okay." Luke says.

Trevor walks over and unlocks the door, letting us out. "So?" He says. "What have you decided?"

"We haven't yet." Alex says. "What are we gonna do if we decline?"

"I'll have to go with my original plan and erase you." Trevor says. I can't believe we use to be friends with this guy. He use to be someone we could trust, part of our family. Sure he was distant and had secrets, but he was our friend. How's we go from that to this?

"Why should we believe you'd go through with that threat?" Alex says.

"Because I've made deals with ghosts more powerful than Caleb." Trevor says.

"And what about Julie?" Luke asks.

"Don't worry, I never wanted to hurt her. She'll be fine." Trevor says.

"We don't even know our unfinished business." I cut in. "We couldn't do it even if we wanted to."

"Ah I got the solution to that." Trevor says. He hands each of us a slip of paper.

"Is this-" Alex begins.

"Your unfinished business?" Trevor finishes Alex's sentence. "Yes. Do it, you'll cross over and I won't have to hurt anyone."

Alex and Luke both look at theirs but I can't bring myself to look at mine.

"Anyways I should get going now, you guys think about it and we'll talk in the morning." Trevor leaves the studio and Alex and Luke keep staring at their papers with their unfinished business in them. Without looking at mine, I shove it in my pocket hoping they wouldn't notice.