Chapter 30

Trigger Warning: a Karen encounter.

💙💙💙

Back at the coffee shop, Sophia found herself standing in line, directly behind a heavy set woman with gray hair that was roughly chopped into a pixie cut and an overwhelmingly strong smell of cigarettes coming from her round body.

Sophia tried and failed to keep her mirth of laughter away once realizing the woman's figure perfectly resembled the letter "O".

The woman scrunched up her nose the second she turned around. "I thought there was supposed to be no dogs here!" The voice she spoke in; rough and scratchy, made the assumption that she smoked heavily. At least a pack a day. Plus the stale cigarette stench wafting off her in waves could make anyone's eyes water.

Easton growled at the woman, clearly already knowing the person's true character. A dog's intuition is better than a human's.

Sophia simply shrugged. "They make an exception for service dogs."

The woman spat incredulously. "Pfft. Seriously. You don't look disabled." She paused to cough before saying, "Must be one of those millennials. Always wanting to make loads of money but too lazy to do the work."

"That's your opinion." That no one asked for. "What's your name, by the way?"

The woman was smug as she said, "it's Karen."

"Well Karen... The next time you call someone lazy I suggest you look in the mirror."

"Excuse me!" Karen shrieked, the high-pitched whine so loud it's surprising the windows didn't shatter. "What is that supposed to mean?!"

Feeling brave, Sophia went off. "It means that I already feel bad for the person who'll be forced to dig your grave when your heart finally gives out. Not only will they have to dig six feet deep but they'll also have to make it twelve feet wide just to accommodate for your massive bloat."

Too harsh? Perhaps. But this Karen bitch deserves it!

"Rude!" Karen spoke simply than asked. "What kind of service does that filthy mutt provide anyways?"

Once again, Easton growled. Clearly wanting to take a bite out of the big, meaty flesh in front of him.

A sudden sense of pride filled Sophia as she replied, "He's a police K9 for a Sheriff Deputy."

The look on Karen's face was priceless Sophia felt like taking out her phone and snapping a picture.

Sophia continued. "And if you don't want to get bit I suggest you turn around and mind your own damn business like everyone else."

"Are you threatening me? I'll call the police!"

"Technically the police were here the whole time." Sophia's grip tightened on the leash as the woman glowered.

"Whatever. I'll get coffee somewhere else." The woman got out of line and ran - no, waddled, to the door.

Sophia called after her. "Serves you right! Don't speak ill of my dog ever again!"

As she ordered a coffee she deliberated about what she referred to Easton as.

My dog?

****

Back in the corner booth Sophia was browsing through the real estate brochure when a familiar face came around the corner.

It was Cate with slightly disheveled hair as if someone had been pulling on it.

Cate took her spot across from Sophia at the booth, wincing slightly as she sat down.

"You okay?" Sophia asked half-heartedly, remember from earlier how she walked away with a hot, muscular police officer to go do something.

"Fine. Really fine. More than fine, if you know what I mean." Cate smirked devilishly.

"Anyways..." Cate spoke up, clearly wanting to change the subject and move on. "What'd I miss?"

"Just some bitch Karen getting her ass handed to her by yours truly."

Cate slapped her hands down on the table. "No way!"

"It was exhilarating!"

"Please tell me someone filmed it."

"I wish I was." Sophia threw an arm around Easton, seeing how he was sitting next to her.

Before she could continue another familiar face came around the corner.

"Ladies." Officer R. Sherman, with his dimples prominently displayed on his face, spoke as he towered over them at the booth. "I'll say this has been one successful business check." He paused to adjust something on his vest. "I should get going though. There are a lot of 911 calls I need to get to."

As he walked away both gazes immediately fell to his butt.

"Dude has buns of steel." Sophia said in a lust-filled daze.

"Yeah..." Cate said and as she turned back towards Sophia, she continued, "And a cock to die for."

That may as well be true but Sophia knew of another police officer whose cock made life worth living.