Chapter 12 - Back to the Finale Part II

NEXT CHAPTER UP OCTOBER 7, 2022

3rd Person POV

Nate walks into the kitchen with a tray of uneaten food. "How is she?" Zari asks

"Worse." Nate says. "She still won't eat, and Gideon made her favorite quiche."

"What about that bloody video?" Constantine asks

"Still watching it on a loop." Nate says

"We got to do something." Spooner says

"We just need to give her some space." Zari says. "When I lost Behrad, that's what I needed."

"Speaking of, where is B?" Nate asks

"He won't leave the lab." Spooner says. "He's taking Sara's death almost as hard as Ava."

"Yeah, well she's not the only one who's dead..." Constantine mutters under his breath, taking a sip of alcohol

"Please, don't." Nate says, his voice cracking. "We don't know if Brooke is dead."

"We don't know if she's alive, either." Constantine retorts

"She has to be." Nate insists

"And what if she isn't?" Constantine questions, standing from his seat with the bottle of alcohol in his hand. "We got word that Sara is dead and now you can't even for a minute think of the possibility that Brooke might be dead as well? Why can't you–"

"Because I can't lose her!" Nate shouts

"And I can't either!" Constantine shouts back

It's silent as Nate takes a seat in a chair, burying his head in his hands. Constantine sighs, blinking hard to get rid of tears

"Look...I think...I think we're all a little tense right now." Spooner says. "So...why don't we just all take a breather, yeah?" She suggests

"Yeah." Nate whispers, wiping his eyes. "Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna go find B."

"I'll come with." Zari says and the two leave the kitchen

***

= Alien Planet =

Guards rush into the room where Sara and a beaten up Bishop are. "Oh, finally." Bishop says. "Do you mind?" He asks, grabbing a gun and killing himself. Another clone Bishop in the chamber comes to life. "Much better." He says, walking out of the chamber and getting dressed. Sara is in shock at what just happened. "Ooh, I hate having broken bones. They make these awful crunching sounds. Now, where was I? Oh, yes, the plan. You're gonna love it! Merging alien and human DNA. I knew that was the answer, but it turns out that kind of merger requires an awesome degree of mental fortitude. Hard to find, mental fortitude, but you know who's got it in spades? I'll give you three guesses. Never mind, I'll give you zero." He says and with that, a picture of Brooklyn and Sara pops up on the screen. Sara's eyes lock onto the picture of Brooklyn. "I got them off these old romance novels by some lady, Rebecca... Steel? No, Gold. Mm, Silver! Anyway, your story was so inspiring. Brooklyn's too. Resilience, it seems, is the key. Otherwise we get an Amelia Earhart situation. I wanted both of you but, eh, one of you works fine, you know, because your friend is dead."

"You're sick." Sara growls

"You want to see something sick?" Bishop asks her. "Check this out." He says, showing a vide of a bunch of Sara Lance's. "Hmm? Photoshop Ava put this concept art together. See? That's you, and that's you. That's you, but also not you, a better you. They're alien-Sara Lance hybrids, and together, we'll colonize every planet in the galaxy and begin the next chapter of the human race."