Fulfilling The Contract

Kufufu, Intriguing... Very intriguing indeed! 

"W-whoa..."

"That's the power of the champions who reigns at the top?"

The spectators watch our fight in awe.

*Clank* *Clank* *Clank* *Clank* I repelled the human- No, Shizu-san's sword swiftly with my hands.

"Just who in the world are you...?" Shizu-san asked during the fight.

"Should the one who is about to die be concerned with that? Knowing will bring you despair..." I dash forward at her, "If you knew at all that is!!" *CLANK* *BOOM*

My claws met her flames Ignited blade as her flame illuminate both her white mask and my demonic face as we lock on each other.

"Of course... My identity is none of your business, don't you think?" I asked her back.

In response to my carefree question, "True, it isn't my problem... But letting you run free would be far too dangerous, So sorry about this, but I'm going to get serious!!" her flames pushed me back a little bit.

We both jumped back to get some distance.

"Kufufufu... Interesting." That's not a lie... She is quite interesting. The humans called her a "Champion". That's already intriguing by itself.

Her name... Her choice of weapons... Ahh~ otherworlders, I researched how to summon myself to the other worlds instead of the Cardinal World. 

But nevertheless... So that is the reason she has Ifrit.

But then why doesn't she resonate with him?

Curious... how very curious!!!

"Hmph, that lax attitude of yours will be the reason for your death" Ah, if that's the case then I should do this more? It's duly noted then.

Just as I was contemplating her words, her flames rage wildly, even brighter and hotter than before.

"I'm ending this now... 『Inferno Flames』!!!" Upon her call, she swings the explosive sword down at me.

"Fufu..." *BOOM*

I've long tasted this feeling...  "Pain", I used to hate it while I was in the port mafia.

Probably it is because it gave me the feeling of death even though I am not able to experience death itself.

But well, I still need to fulfill my contract so I can't have my physical body burned down to crisps in here.

*Wooosh* as the flame died down, the spectator's eyes went wide, shocked at what they were seeing.

"Oi... Are you serious right now...?" One of the adventurers muttered.

"Kufufufu... Never thought there would be a time when I encounter a human who can bring Ifrit's power to this degree... Been a long time since I found a battle so amusing." Those words left my mouth as they look at my new form.

My hooded cloak was long burned to a crisp as of now I protect myself with my demonic jet-black wings.

"It's hard to believe... So the Demon was you." My opponent accused.

Rude... For all that is worth, I'll be straight up slaughtering everyone and not pulling these laughable schemes if I wanted to get more souls...

"Are you kidding me... Even with that attack, he's unharmed." The previous guy named Cougar muttered loudly.

Which brought my attention as I responded. "No, I must correct you; I am not unharmed, I did feel a bit of pain but that is exactly what makes this fight so fun." It's been a while since I could enjoy a fight.