Black And The Mask

[Nighttime, Chairman office of the Freedom's guild]

-Shizue Izawa's POV-

"Someone should probably do something about that demon one day..." -is what I thought after meeting Kuro... no, the progenitor of demon kind, the demon associated with the color black, Noir.

If anything, I was glad to have concluded that he has his policy to "keep his promises" as he started on that day... But now I'm not so sure.

We are currently in a meeting.

Yūki, the demon, the adventurer Masayuki, and of course myself was the only ones present.

Yuuki seems to understand why I sheathed my katana and told him to prepare a room, but it seems like Masayuki hasn't caught up to this turn of events.

"First... I'd like Honjou-san to explain how you both met" Yuuki told him.

Masayuki explains how it went with their expedition.

Apparently, the three of them (Chloe, Yoshida, and Masayuki) encountered Kuro who is on his way to the Great Jura Forest...

What could he possibly have anything to do in that kind of place?

I listened to Masayuki's story for a while and... Many coincidences can be said otherwise throughout his story...

"Yeah, that's great. Thank you, Masayuki-kun... You may go now." Yuuki thanked and dismissed him with a smile.

"Eh? Ah, sure..." (Masayuki)

With that, Masayuki left the office.

Only Yuuki, Kuro (Dazai), and I remained in the room.

The silence was brought into the room before I decided to ask the Demon primordial who was sipping on his tea happily.

"Change the children's fate... Can you do that? Rather, Masayuki said that dryad on his story mentioned something along the lines of 'Noir-sama'... Was it you?" (Shizu)

To which in response, "Deary, I was trying to meet an old friend yet those guys just had to intrude his 'garden'... I needed to bail them out of there somehow." The Archdemon stated with closed eyes and a smile.

Garden?

What does he mean?

Suddenly,

"So the Evil dragon Veldora... You certainly have a unique 'friend' then." Yuuki stated this with a seemingly identical smile on his face.

Veldora?

The storm dragon... Veldora?

Then this guy-

No, that doesn't matter right now...

"Firstly I would like to know why you are here... If my memory served right, I hadn't told anyone about that incident 50 years ago, and you told me that you will refrain from targeting me..." I demand his explanation.

The demon started with a fake *Gasp* and, "Goodness, how can you be so cruel to have reached such a conclusion without any evidence!"

I raised my eyebrow.

"Please don't misunderstand, Lady Shizu... I do desire this blessing called 'being dead' but being killed is a bit too much. I do not have the goal to anger you just to gain your attention so that you will unsheathe your sword..." (Kuro/Dazai)