Sense Of Being A Human

In the end, All the demons dwelling in the Kingdom of Filtwood were purged.

The deaths of the king and minister were proclaimed the work of the demon named "Kuro", and the records indicated that Shizu defeated him.

Though, in reality; "You could go and say you had killed me right after I killed that greater demon. If we can get our story straight, I will refrain from targeting you." Says the demon named Kuro.

"So Who the heck was that "Black" guy, anyway?" Cougar can't help but contemplated as he and Shizu made their way to leave the country.

"I think we're better off not knowing." Shizu responded.

"True... Sometimes ignorance Eis bliss in this world." (Cougar)

"Well, I'm heading out. Take care of yourself."

"I will, until then..."

Shizu looks back to the castle of the kingdom with both confusion and a troubled face.

'*sigh...* I'm sure someone will do something about that demon someday.' She thought to herself before turning back and resuming her journey.

***
**
*

[12 minutes later]

*
**
***

If we can get our story straight, I will refrain from targeting you. I did say that, but...

I already refrained from doing so okay?

It's just that I'm quite curious about that mask...

Hm? Ah, human food... It has been so long since I've got into the lower plane to eat food...

The reason being it doesn't seem to be as good as the past world that I lived in.

Since I am a demon I simply don't eat them anymore...

Though...

*Gulp* I find myself gulping my own saliva every time I observe Shizu-san eat any food through the shadows.

She seems to only eat with her mask off only when she's alone. And will slurp the food down through her mask if she's eating with someone.

She wouldn't have to use the mask if she accepted Ifrit, but why- no... Even if Ifrit Identifies with her, the reason is simply that she doesn't want to let him rampage.

People called her a champion after all... She cared for the insects that cheered for her name even if she isn't familiar with them...

Wait, The side that saves someone... Huh? Does this what Odasaku meant?

Does she pass as a "Good" Person?

Even if I had saved my past world from destruction, I still manipulated people to kill each other.

In the end, the only thing I could do was to save the world after killing many.

"To die isn't the opposite of living...It's merely a component of the process of life. Without observing death up close, one can't capture the full picture of what it means to live." I remembered the "Original me" Stated those words sternly

Yet even though I have observed so many deaths, I can't find it... The "full picture of what it means to live"...

But I already knew about it. Both sides, whether it is the ones that save or kill, it's just the same.

That's why Odasaku said it... "Be on the side that saves people. If both sides are the same to you, then become a good man. Help the weak... And protect the orphans... I know that concept of good or evil doesn't mean much to you, but it'll at least make your world a little beautiful."