What Really Happened

A day earlier...

--- Dazai Osamu's POV ---

"Do you really think... I won't find out about it?"

I guess I am a bit angry.

"Eh?" (Masayuki)

"Quit pretending, or should I call Guy here?" My tongue dried out at the end of the sentences.

But to my threats...

"Fufu... as sharp as ever, when did you find out... Noir?" Masayuki... No, Rudra, muttered with a smile and a sip of his tea.

"When did I find out?"

When did I find out? Rudra is a hero appointed by Veldanava himself. He possesses the Ultimate skill that was given to him by Veldanava-sama and was entrusted with the duty of a hero.

But that so-called ultimate skill that he possesses wasn't really a great skill either. Until now was a constant internal battle between him and his own skill, one that exhausted his physical body and forced him to reincarnate over and over, losing pieces of his soul every time due to the strain...

Those fragments of souls are transported and merged into Masayuki prior to his transportation to here, the central world. the sudden return of his powers created a counter-force that sent Masayuki across time and space, with him returning to the central world.

However, due to his return before the death of his previous self, large parts of his soul, including his memories, lay dormant. He was left with only the pieces that his past self had lost, namely his status as a Chosen Hero and the Unique Skill.

I concluded as such after looking at Masayuki's memories before. But this was something completely unexpected.

"You weren't acting like an actual Masayuki the moment I met you." I pointed out.

"Rude, I'm still the Honjou Masayuki that was your friend wasn't I?"

Perhaps because it was due to me peeking into his memories?

Perhaps it was because of him being to my 『Turn Null』...?

Wait... "I see..." (Dazai)

He may have... "Sometimes I can remember the memories, but sometimes I return to being the isekai'd high schooler, Honjou Masayuki... It was troublesome but, right now I feel like I am about to get a hand out of it." (Rudra?)

"That's interesting" (Dazai)

"Though, it won't be perfect. Even though I can make myself understood that I am not only 'Honjou Masayuki' but also the emperor, 'Rudra nam ul nasca', I can't remember clearly my previous battle experiences and my time as the emperor..." (Rudra?)

"Please tell me more." (Dazai)

To my replies, Rudra grew a vein on top of him.

"Why are you always spouting that three stuff whenever you talked to me but you don't find the topic interesting?" He asked with a slight glint of annoyance.

"Oh dear... my 『Tripple Devine Move』 was intercepted that easy?!" I faked a gasp while looking at his twitching face.

"You're a demon, nothing is 'divine' in your skillset!"

Oh well, my triple divine move, 『I see, That's interesting, Please tell me more』 it is effective if you're up against someone annoying like Yuuki when he's bored, or when a teacher with noble status and inferiority complex talks to you.

"Haa, I don't really care about that..." I lamented our current situation.

But my complaint was responded to with "I can never figure you out... You're one piece of work, Noir."

"It's Dazai"

"Huh?"

"It's Dazai Osamu... It wasn't just an imitation name. Stop calling me Noir or Kuro."

*Clank* While flicking my cup, I stated those words coldly.

"Well fine... Dazai it is..." (Rudra/Masayuki)

"How did you remember when your skills are gone?" I finally asked.

"Well let's say someone peeked into my memories and told me 'Oh it's nothing, you just passed out' made me curious, then I somehow managed to get a hold of myself switching between Rudra and Masayuki all the time because of that demon who read my memories stabilized my soul for some reason." He smiled at me when saying those words.

Ah, so it's my fault...

"Not to mention... 'I am getting reincarnated, don't look for me. LMAO' does that message seems familiar?" (Rudra/Masayuki)

"Ah..."

.

.

.

"You know, it's fine and all but... you should stay as Masayuki for now. So wipe out those memories of yours, since it's not the time yet." (Dazai)

"Huh? What do you mean?" (Rudra/Masayuki)

"Emperor Rudra nam ul nasca is still alive and is being corrupted by his stupid skill. If that's enough explanation for you, do it immediately."

"I can't just wipe my memories away, are you crazy!!?!" (Rudra/Masayuki)

"Then I got no choice..." (Dazai)

"Eh?"

"Sorry but... I prefer 'Masayuki-kun' than 'Rudra'" I deliver that line with a refreshing smile.

"Wha--! Wait... Dazai, oi... you wa-wait! I got it! I'll uhh... I'll find a way so--! keep those hands away, please! WHY ARE YOU GRINNING?! OI-- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

.

.

.

Creating a body, a homunculus, is actually easy. I just need a disgusting amount of magicules and boom,『Great Wiseman』 will do its trick for me.

So...

I created the body of Masayuki/Rudra in one night bleeding them and making a scene of murder behind the bar.

And then... "MMMHHH!!!" I hold the tied-up Masayuki/Rudra on top of my shoulder.

Well, I guess this is goodbye.

I left a letter for the kids, Yuuki and Shizu-san which says "Going shopping, don't look for me." ~Dazai

And after a day of disappearing...

"Hey, you. You’re finally awake. You were trying to cross the border,
right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that
thief over there."

"Ugh... Why are you saying that meme from Skyrim, and where are we?"

Masayuki is back, and "Rudra" has been sealed once more.

I used my abilities to seal his memories. He'll find a way to break the seal by himself later, so it's fine I guess...

"Well, look at these..." I hand him a piece of newspaper and...

"This is... I am... Dead!???" The paper tells us breaking news of the champion Masayuki's death...

Now for the finishing touch...

"Masayuki-kun... It'll be dangerous if you appear now, the kids or your followers might be in danger, and even Yuuki-kun could be in danger!"

"So I hope you understand... Can you come with me, and hide your identity for a while???"

This time, it'll be a perfect plan.

.
.
.

To be continued.