The Manipulative And Suicidal

--- Shizue Izawa's POV ---

"Infinity!?" --- that was the reaction I noticed the first time I met Kuro...

No, it is "Dazai Osamu" now is it not?

Well, that doesn't really matter...

"I always thought Shizu-sensei's mask was special... But I never thought it has 'devil repellent' buffed into it." (Yuuki)

"Rude... I just get a whole arm broken y'know?" (Dazai)

Just how in the world...

"Ah, so how about a high potion? Good thing it didn't get blown away huh? High potion can't regrow a new arm after all---" (Yuuki)

"INDEED!!" (Dazai)

"AHAH HA HA HA HA" ×2

Just how in the world do these two become close in such a short period--- I wonder.

[A/N: They are not.]

"Well, what about the 'deal' that you were saying earlier." I try to interrupt their conversation.

"Um? Ah, that." (Dazai)

From that, he told me that he was the one who commanded the Dryads to show themselves in front of Masayuki-san's party and answered their questions.

Of course, technically speaking, he should possess much more valuable information.

And he informed me of the existence of the dwelling of the spirits. He also said he could summon a few arch demons under him and command them to take care of the kids, but the idea was rejected immediately by none other than myself.

"Well, that's discrimination. But I don't care otherwise. I could estimate some places for you to find the dwelling of the spirits though?" (Dazai)

Kuro--- I mean, Dazai stated those words nonchalantly.

He could show us some places that one of which might be the dwelling of a spirit?

Well, his deal was to simply "Shut your mouth about me" but--

"So your goal was only to find out the truth about my mask?" (Shizu)

"Yes." (Dazai)

"Then why not ask me to reveal its origin then?" (Shizu)

"Even if I do that, your answer would probably be a 'keepsake' or just 'something I found by coincidence'. I had predicted that clearly."(Dazai)

"..." (Shizu)

That's... True. "That person" gave it to me so suddenly and just- disappeared...

**
*

---Third Person's POV---

"That does sound like an appealing deal... But to put it simply, We don't trust you." (Yuuki)

After pondering about it for quite a while, Yuuki raises his voice.

"Which is why I propose to change the content of the contracts." (Yuuki)

With the same smile on his face, Yuuki stated those words.

"But still... You ARE a demon. And I've heard quite a lot about you from Shizu-sensei so--" Yuuki paused before saying another line in the most carefree way possible.

"✨Would you want to come with us?" (Yuuki)

"✨Sure!✨" (Dazai)

Both individuals have sparkles surrounding their faces, while a sweat-dropping Shizu looks at their interaction in the background.

But don't be fooled, this cheesy-outgoing conversation has more hidden meaning than you think it has.

'So as long as you can observe the mask more, it shall already be served as a "tip"... And the demons of the blacks always keep their promises. If it came to " That", then Shizu-sensei's mask can be our insurance. Who knows, we can even find out how to control Ifrit' (Yuuki's thoughts)

'Well, well, well... look at you, trying to use a double edge blade like this and all... I don't hate it though, especially when I could see a Fyodor foreshadowing right behind you.' (Dazai's Thoughts)

Both smiled happily at each other.

For a moment; even without the use of 『Thought communication』, they realized just how similar the both of them are.

**
*

--- Dazai Osamu's POV ---

I... am not a "mole".

Because I was never one of them to begin with.

I understood that, and so was Yuuki.

At this moment, both of us bite into each other's tails calmly as if we're both stray dogs understanding each other; Understood that both of us are the same in our nature.

To us who are domesticated into this world without our consent, There's no need to compete for 'food' when both know that they could use each other as supplements.

The problem that comes next; is a competition to guess when and whom would be the one to be completely devoured.

From the tail, we would then devour each other's paws and feet... From that to our stomach, our bones and necks, and finally our souls.

Stray dogs do not come with an alpha nor beta or omega.

We're all rabid creatures that have the instinct to work together without needing the need for communication, and still devouring each other's souls when the condition needs it.

Well, disregarding the Shizu-san with question marks all over the place at the corner, I noticed one thing.

This guy acts similarly to Fyodor.

**
*

My body was already full of bruises covered by bandages.

As usual, bandages go to my arms, around my forehead and my left eyes, and... Well, my neck.

That was bellowed my usual attire consisting of a white shirt, black necktie, and black everything, even a trenchcoat.

I dressed "weirdly" For an adventurer, they all said.

In fact, it is my usual outfit when I was just a young mafia executive under Mori-san.

Actually, it seems like Yuuki bites more than he can chew from me, and now I end up being a teacher at the academy. At the very same academy Shizu-san is working as a teacher.

He accused me that I am "stalking" His shisou therefore, if I want to observe the mask, I should be blending in.

Foxy as always.

Well, I'm fine with it. But I don't think my students do.

After barging into class S, which is rumored to be filled with a bunch of problematic kids, I directly exclaims, "Now now! Children, gather' it's story time!!!!!"

Need to make an impression, amirite?

"Da–dazai-san!?" (Chloe)

Ah, so I guess Chloe is part of the problematic children then? A bit unexpected.

Well, I could see bewilderment shown clearly on each of my student's faces.

"✨We got no time for absence or introduction! Lemme read a good book for all of you!✨" I told them with sparkles surrounding my cheerful demeanor.

**
*

To be continued.