Exsposed

Y/N:
It was finally 6:30. I got into a black t shirt and red and black checkered button down. I got ready and grabbed my keys and phone and headed out. As I was driving over there, I kept thinking about some possibilities that might be true. The feelings I felt back for my ex were coming back, not her of course, just the feeling. It probably means I like someone..but I don't know who. Maybe..Haida was right..maybe I do like Retsuko. No that's not right.

When I got there, I saw both of them waiting outside, I'm assuming for me since I was kinda late. "Took you long enough." Said Fenneko not looking up from her phone. "My bad, traffic. Let's just go inside now."

As we were checking in, I turned to Haida. He looked kinda down, probably cause of how Retsuko declined the offer. "Hey man, can you not drink too much this time? I dont to bring you back from your drunk phase again." I asked him. What's the point in even asking, he's gonna drink himself dry. "Yeah, I'll try." He said putting his hands in his pockets.

Not even 2 minutes later and now Haida is whining on the table. Why me? At least the Kabob's were good. "I don't know guys...it's like Retsuko doesn't want to hang out with us anymore.." he whined. "Us huh?" Fenneko replied. "She's probably just busy." I said taking a sip from my water. "3 times in a row I asked her out for drinks..3 times in a row she blew me off." He said face planting into the table. "And 3 times in a row I had to watch you cry in beer about it Haida." Fenneko said. "Make that months in a row for me, cept the Retsuko part." "What's so important she's gotta do that.." he complained. He gasped. "You don't think she's with a man do you?!" "Nah not her." I said. He turned to Fenneko. "She didn't say that to you did she?" He asked. Just realized that she still didn't look up from her phone.

She shook her head in response. "She never really mentions her love life about me. Not my kind of thing you know." "So, you're just guessing there's no guy?" "I don't have to." She then showed her phone to us. Why was she showing us a picture of a selfie? "Uh..what are we looking at..?" Haida asked. "Yoga selfie. Even says so in the caption. Don't you you think person in the background looks a lot like Retsuko?" Haida and I just blinked in confusion. "Where the hell did you find that?" I asked.

"Retsuko normally goes straight to the train system after work. But twice in a week she heads off to the other direction. Wherever she's going, it's to close to take the train and twice a week means she's doing an ongoing thing. She's complaining about sore muscles lately, so I bet it's physical. Since she's not the gym type, I assumed it was Pilate or yoga. I searched by my location, and bam jackpot!" Haida and I just looked at her creeped out. "Okay. Your freaking me out." He said. Eh, at least he's still in there and not too drunk. "How are you not working as a spy or something?" I asked also kinda freaked. "I hope I don't piss you off." Haida said nervously as I agreed with him. "If you do, just stay away from social media." "Alright then." I said.

We left the restaurant and I took Haida back to his place AGAIN cause he drank and is still drunk. At least he's not too drunk to not function. He was complaining to me in the car about Retsuko not ever coming to hang with us. I just reply that she's got her own life to.

We said our goodbyes and I left for home. Did my nightly routine just to wake up the next day for work again. Wait, now that I think about it. I just realized that Haida took my hoodie. Eh whatever he can keep it. Plus it suits him.

I get to the department the next morning to see Tsubone making everyone open that stupid jar again. I saw another fox try to open it in the distance as I walked up to Fenneko and Haida watching. "Again with the jar?" I asked. Haida and Fenneko both "mhm" at the same time. "Tsubone unopenable jars." Said Fenneko. "Honestly I wouldn't even test her." Haida said. "What does she do? Glue those things shut?"

I swear. I saw Retsuko just take one step into the department and Tsubone is way ahead of her as if she could smell her presence. "My goodness. You're just the person I wanted to see Retsuko. Could you be a dear and get this stubborn jar to open for me? It's managed to get everyone who's gave it a try. Asking would be impossible for you but..." then there was a open pop from the jar. She opened it. I wanted to wheeze but was shocked eyed at the same time. "Opened right up!" She smiled as she handed the jar to the shocked face Tsubone. Haida and I looked confused watching while Fenneko was shocked.

We were walking to the break room and were now talking about Retsuko opening the jar. "That was a thing of beauty Retsuko!" Haida complimented. "Huh? Oh yeah?" She said snapped out of her thoughts. "Your like the King Author of lids." He said. Wow. Cheesy. "Yeah, where did you get all that muscle work anyways?" I asked. "What.." she smiled. "But it looked like yoga, how could my social media searching lead me astray." Fenneko said to herself. Has she been really thinking of that the whole time? Apparently Retsuko didn't hear her, guess the muttering problem has a link or something idk. "Did you say something?" Retsuko asked. "Just thinking out loud that's all." She waved off. "Now your just acting like Y/N." Said Haida smirking at me. "Wow thanks man." I said rolling my eyes.

That's when we saw the superior ladies again walking by us. I then noticed Retsukos change of demeanor when getting closer to them. As they walked past us, Retsuko then looked down to the ground. "Yo Retsuko, you good?" I asked. "Huh? Oh yeah." She smiled weakly out of thought.

Once it was time to head out, it's kinda become a thing now, but I saw Haida running up to me. "Need a ride?" I asked frowning. But then I realized, he was wearing my jacket, a g a i n. He then started to take it off. "You know it's a nice jacket. But, it belongs to the owner and nah don't need a ride." He smiled handing it to me. I looked at the jacket and looked back at him as I smiled. "Eh, you can keep it." He looked at me surprisingly. "W-what?!" "Whys that such a shock? Besides, looks cute on you." Shit. Did I say that aloud?! I saw his face turn red. "C-crap! Did I say that aloud! My bad! I mean! It's just a compliment!" I facepalmed myself. I'm just making this more awkward. "Um..t-thanks dude! I'll keep wearing it if you think it looks good on me." He said scratching the back of his head. "A-anyways! Should probably get going, Cya!" He said kinda in a rush.

I faceplanted on my steering wheel on a stoplight. I'm freaking embarrassed of what happened. Why the hell did I say that? What I'm the right mind made me think it was fine to say that? Don't want it to be awkward tomorrow, ima finna apologize.

When I got home, I laid on the couch and grabbed my phone. I texted Haida.

Me: hey dude, my bad for what I said earlier. No hard feelings right?

I waited impatiently and anxiesly for a response. My phone buzzed 2 min later.

Haida: Eh, it's all cool. Plus, I do look good in the hoodie.

My hoodie, but aight. At least he ain't gonna avoid me tomorrow. I went to sleep wondering what was in it for tomorrow. This whole job is an adventure now.