Unavoidable Impact

Y/n:

My luck, is godly. I'm lucky as HELL for not getting fired this afternoon. After all that happened today back at the department, Retsuko and I are glad to still have our jobs. I later told Haida about it in the break room, to which he said he overheard and was glad I didn't leave. But was weirded out that it was Anai out of all people. Understandable...I'm just glad I'm not 1 jobbed too. Anyways, back to the present. I'm now back at the cafe and just served for people as I got their orders and gave them their drinks. Nothing special happened really at all.

I then was about ready to pack up. It was a long day, after all, I thought I got fired so- "Ah, Y/n. I was looking for you." Said the voice I recognized as Brewster. I whipped around to see him. "Hello sir. What is it?" I asked as I was placing my uniform in a bag. "You've been doing quite a good job this week. Here is your paycheck, you deserve it." He smiled handing me a bill of.. 250 dollars?! If I keep this up, I'll be out of debt in a flash. "Thank you sir." I bowed. "Quite welcome, drive safely." He waved as he went to his car. I grabbed the remaining stuff I left, while also placing the bill in my wallet and went to my car.

I drove to the bank and put the money into my account. After that was done, I drove back to my place. My sister was sleeping on the couch once again. At this point, I should just let her live in the living room. I just shrugged it off and went upstairs to my room. I placed the uniform away and went to bed. Hopefully, things will be okay when I'm back in that department.

I was wrong- I saw Anai- alone. No one was around him. Weird. I then saw Fenneko and Retsuko walk into the accounting till they stopped once they saw me. "Hey weather boy." Said Fenneko. I frowned annoyingly in response. "Aight. Well, Anai's back." "Oh.." Retsuko said distraughtly as she peeked to look at him. "Yep. He is back." Said Fenneko also peeking her head. Retsuko groaned. I also was kinda weary cause of what happened yesterday and the day before.

We didn't even bother going to the department. We ALL went into the tea room to keep our distance. Haida, Fenneko, and Momo were behind us, but Retsuko and I knew they were doubting us about Anai. They even said it in our faces. "Listen to me! I didn't even say anything horrible to Anai at all! Does that SOUND like something I would do?" Retsuko asked. "All I know was that Anai was complaining about the BOTH of you and took off for a day. We were all gonna find out eventually." I decided to butt in as I was getting annoyed. "Come on! The kid was being disrespectful to a superior. I just stepped up for her, so why the hell would I get a complaint when he was in the wrong bro." I crossed my arms. "Not gonna lie dude. You lash out 50% of the time." Haida smirked. "What?! Your supposed to be on my side! Your my b- buddy!" Haida chuckled as Fenneko raised her brow.

"Actually." Started Momo. Damn forgot she was there. "It's true. At least some of it. He sent me a email but I responded to it. Poor little Retsuko here got lazy and didn't, which is probably why he's harassing you." Retsuko groaned as I frowned and both Haida and Fenneko raised their brows in confusion. "Oop. Might of said too much. Anyways, I got work to do. Cya later~" She waved as she went back to the department. "What is she talking about?" Haida asked Retsuko and I. Retsuko sighed and grabbed her phone. "I wasn't gonna show you, but.." She gave them the phone for them to read. "I tried with him but he blew it out of proportion." I nodded with her. "I only got that complaint for confronting him about it. But..now do you believe us?" I asked.

"Oh man. This is brutal." Said Fenneko. Expected reaction from her. "What? Really?" Fenneko then started to talk aloud, only it wasn't what Retsuko actually said. "Hey! Can't you even answer a phone? Some adult you are!" Fenneko mocked pointing to Haida as he stepped back disturbed. "Bro-" I started. "I didn't say it like that Fenneko!" "I was listening to the conversation. Retsuko got stressed from it. Would be too, to be honest." I said. Haida gave a concerned look. "Well I'm sure Retsuko said it nicely and was stressed of it, but you can't control what someone has to say to them." He said. Oh shit he got a point. Quick, make a smart remark. "I couldn't control seeing my friend get harassed." I frowned. "You can't ever control that." Haida smirked. Damn you Haida. Retsuko groaned. "Thanks anyways Y/n." She whispered. I groaned slightly with her.