Growing Affection

Y/n:
Ah. You smell that? Smells like another day of work. At least I got my canned coffee from Gori's payback. I walked into work, expecting to meet Momo there, and walked to the department. I was kinda later then usual, and honestly, kinda nervous to be here. I just rejected Retsuko last night and now I have to see her again at work. Damn.

I awkwardly moved to my seat in between Momo and Anai. Anai still cold as hell to me, not as much as before but still cold. Momo was doing her own thing, I saw Haida across gave me a salute, Fenneko was speed typing, and there was Retsuko looking...miserable. Shit, I hope she's not too sad about the rejection. Actually nah, she's got a right to be upset. Just how long has she liked me? Imagine if Haida heard about this-

It was break time, and I followed up with the usual group. Only, it wasn't with the full group. Fenneko left to go do something back at the department and her replacement was..Anai. Oh boy.

Retsuko was currently speaking about how she got her drivers license before she came to work today. "You got it already?! That was quick." Said Haida, drinking his canned coffee. "Yeah, congrats." I said. "Thanks guys, but it took me three months." "It took me only a month to get mine, so I don't know why you two are surprised." Said Momo next to me. "Show off." I muttered. "It cause you've been working all week. Give yourself some credit!" Continued Haida to Retsuko. Retsuko chuckled at this.

"Thats excellent!" Started Anai in that same..creepy smile. "Show us the proofs of your labor!" "Never." Retsuko snapped her head in his direction with that same face she had in the department.  This made Anai slightly jump and his smile withered away. "I'm confused.." Momo chuckled as Haida turned to him.

"Don't you have a driving license?" "Nope. Why?" Ah that explains. "Well, here's the thing. They take your picture, and basically the picture is something you'll hate for the rest of your life." I explained. This made Retsuko whimper slightly. "Okay.." he nodded. "That's one way to put it." Chuckled Haida. "She must look ugly in it huh?!" This made Retsuko, Haida, and I freeze. Momo was holding back her laughter as the rest of us were shocked of that statement. Bro is asking for a slap. "Dummy she's right there!" Haida exclaimed.

"It's okay..he's not wrong. It's pretty bad. My license photo looks like a one way trip to the big house." Retsuko smiled weakly. "It's not that bad! A lot of people come with crummy photos for their license!" Reassured Haida. "Yeah, my license looks like I haven't slept in years." "Or bathed." Added in Momo. "Thank you Momo." I said sarcastically. "You can take a new one when you renew it. It's only 3 years away." Haida said. "Just 3 years." I said. "Haidas right! Wait a thousand days!" Anai smiled which made Retsuko feel worse. Momo laughed out loud to Anai while we were suffering. "Maybe you shouldn't talk Anai!" Haida said annoyed.

When work was over, I walked outside do go to my car. Luckily, tomorrow is Columbus Day and I should have a break in both of my jobs. I touched the door handle till I see Haida Naruto run to my car. "Hey Y/n." He said. "Hey Haida." "So..for break day tomorrow..I was wondering if you wanted to come to a dinner party?" I got PTSD from when Gori said about a dinner party ending up being a speed dating party. "With who?" "With well..your sister and Anai." Huh. Why didn't Momo tell me about this- "Um sure. Wonder why she didn't tell me." He shrugged. "She said she wanted to speak with you the most. She told me to come along though." Weird. "Huh. Okay. Anai is your friend, guess it makes sense." Haida nodded. "Yeah, probably explains it. Anyways I'll see you there sunshine." "Yeah, cya and don't get too drunk." He smirked and ruffled my fur. "Fine..just for you." I smiled.

I went to my side job and was doing the usual thing. I grabbed the drinks I had to give but noticed a certain red panda there. Guess she meant it when she said she would pay me a visit. "Hey Rets." I said as I passed out the drinks. "Y/n! Hey! I thought I would see you here." She smiled. "I'm guessing you drove here all by YOURSELF?" She nodded. "Yep, I finally have some freedom now." She said as she sipped her coffee. "Wow, guess you won't have to rely on me driving you home." I smirked. She shook her head but smiled. "Wont have to rely on anyone now."