Time to Grow Up

Y/N:

It was a brand new day on our day off. Even though it was just a normal morning, it felt just brand new and a lot brighter. It was nice. I stretched from bed and got up to make breakfast while doing my morning routine. Ever since what happened yesterday, I felt myself become a lot happier. The only question is...what now? This was a new adventure for Haida and I, we'll help each other out with this.

My thoughts were cut out from a knock on my door. I wasn't expecting anyone, at least I don't think. I opened my door and saw a man in a suit I didn't recognize. "Hello sir. Are you Y/n by any chance?" He asked. "Uh yes.." I said confused. "I just wanted to ask you about the monthly payments and how was that coming around, I wanted to remind you that your electric bill and house payment is due by the end of the month." I freezed. Dang, I know I'm struggling with money, but to the point where they have to check up on me? "Yes! Um..I'm still a bit short, thanks for reminding me though." The man nodded as he walked off. I shut my door and stressed slightly. I was VERY short, the job I'm currently working at is still..not very payable.

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. I had to think about what to do. I ate breakfast and decided to get my mind off things by going on a walk. I spotted a local convenient store and walked inside to take a look around. I can't buy anything of course but maybe I could just look around cause what better of things do I have to do? Oh right, my lessons. That's till later though. I looked around, scanning the things they had, till I heard some loud talking which sounded vaguely familiar. I hid behind a balcony and listened closer to hear it was..Gori and Washimi? I checked the other side to see it was them. They both noticed my presence.

"Hello Y/n." Greeted Washimi. I smiled. "Hey!" I said as I walked up to them. I watched as Gori was behind Washimi and squealed. "Is it that work friend that Retsuko works with?!" Oh boy. "Yep, that's me.." I said awkwardly as I scratched behind my neck. Gori's eyes sparkled. "Perfect! Just the person I hoped I would see!" She said as she got in my face. "Y/n, what would you think of speed dating?" What the hell. We only met like twice, why is she asking me this? "What-" "Trust me!~ It will be good for you AND will be good for-" "Gori! Give the poor boy a rest. Apologies Y/n." "Uh- it's cool. And uh no thanks. I'm busy." I said as I tried to awkwardly walk away. "WAIT PLEASE DON'T WALK AWAY- WE NEED YOU- YOUR PERFECT!" Alright ima run. F* this shit I'm out.

I ran out of the store and just questioned life for a second. What the hell was THAT all about? Is she looking for someone? Or trying to set me up with someone? Idk. I went to my car and drove back to my place. That's probably the last time I look at stuff in a food store, I guess I can just chill at home or...I looked at my surroundings and saw on one of those posters on the glass windows, "Looking for jobs?" I sighed. I know I'm going to have to find somewhere to work at. My job doesn't pay enough for the bills unfortunately. It could also be the fact I waste my money on food and games- I'm a TERRIBLE role model.

I went home and right away went onto my desktop to look up jobs I could apply for. There were restaurant jobs, babysitters, bands?, stri- NOPE. None of these options really fitted into my schedule really. I usually work all day, go home, go to sleep. One job caught my eye as I was scrolling through the list. It was the coffee shop that Haida and I usually go to. I..could..be a barista..I remember how I used to make drinks in my earlier jobs throughout college. I looked up more info on it and saw the paycheck was pretty good, I had drink making experiences, and..maybe I could talk to Ton about it. No I have to. I need to find a way to fit two jobs in a day. I can talk to him tomorrow about it after work or something or during break. I'm stressing the hell out over the fact that I would have to speak to him about this. He's gonna get finna pissed. Maybe I can ease up on my stress with that lesson.