Double Moratorium

Y/n:

Ah. What a beautiful and brand new day. I'm starting my new job after a little bit through work. Yeah, it'll be tiring. But I'm broke bro- I need to make it by the end of the month. Hopefully Haida won't be upset about the break days. That's not what I'm worried about at the moment right now. First off, I would like to start off with the fact that my annoying ass midget sister, Momo, knows about my side job, and could potentially tell my friends about it. It's not a big deal, but wanna keep it on the down low cause money talk is embarrassing as hell. Especially, when your trying to impress someone. Second, this new worker, Anai, is starting to freak me the hell out. Mostly Retsuko is the one freaking out. 

 I decided to stick by her the most of the day for her safety. Wonder what would happen if she continued to not answer the email. We started the day off at our desks. I was doing the normal typing while also watching Anai and his movements. Momo was kinda quiet today which was a surprise but ill take it. The phone started to ring to which Anai picked it up this time. "Accounting department! This is Anai!" That wasn't too bad. Not as bad as yesterday. "That was wrong." He muttered. Maybe don't mutter it in front of the person on the line? He continued to fix his introductions and did the same hang up as yesterday. 

I looked at Retsuko to which she was cringing the whole time listening. Not gonna lie I was kinda too. Momo was watching over my shoulder, humming to herself. "Um..Anai?" Retsuko called out nervously. "When you take a call, you might want to try.." She got interrupted as Anai held out his hand. "Oh. Hold that thought!" Where is this going- He grabbed his phone and held it out to Retsuko. I couldn't really see or hear what was going on since he was muttering and his phone was held out where I couldn't see it. But I saw the look on Retsuko's face. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Keep up the good work!" She fixed what she said. 

I was getting suspicious and decided to but in. "Yo Anai." He smiled and turned to me. "I think what Retsuko was trying to say was, maybe to try lowering your voice maybe." I said trying to sound chill and polite as possible before he starts an f bomb. "YES SIR." He bowed. The next phone rang and I watched this time. Now he was muttering his introductions to where I couldn't even hear him. I pinched the bridge of my nose and glanced at Retsuko. I didn't see her. Probably in the tea room. Come to think of it, I don't see Ton either. I excused myself from Anai saying to keep up the good work. I saw Momo raise her brow at me and roll her eyes. Hey. I'm not a teacher, alright? I went to the tea room and heard yelling coming from there. I peeked a little (once again im curious George) and saw Ton complaining to Retsuko about how she sucked ass at helping Anai with the calls. Jesus. It's not her fault that she was getting threats on the emails. I don't blame her for not helping much. 

 Ton walked past me as he somehow didn't care/notice my presence. Retsuko came out looking like a dead beat. She then jumped when she saw me since I was right at the doorway. "My bad. Sorry." I smiled softly. "Its fine." She sighed. "Hey. I'll make sure he doesn't do anything. You know who to call and if even if you need a ride home, just call my name. I-if your fine with that, not to sound weird." I scratched the back of my neck. She blushed slightly and smiled softly. "Thanks Y/n." She said. We both walked back to the department, but we were stopped in our tracks by a surprising, surprise? We both saw Momo helping Anai with the calls. We both sat down in our chairs and watched them. "Remember, if I'm being rude in any way, let me know right away. I don't want to offend you." Anai nodded with the same smile. "Okay. I get how calls are challenging. Trust me. They were for me. But, you slowly get use to them. As what you were doing before, you first tell the industry name and after your name. Once you get those down, you then use the transfer call button which is the button I'm pointing at. The few conflicts I notice when your doing it is that your tone of voice sounds abrupt and your hanging up instead of transferring."