01

Dream has always loved summer, she loved the beautiful sunny weather that consumed her warm happy feeling in her stomach, being able to go to night parties on the beach, 4th of July, going to get sundaes, and of course going to Susannah's beach house

Dream has always loved summer, she loved the beautiful sunny weather that consumed her warm happy feeling in her stomach, being able to go to night parties on the beach, 4th of July, going to get sundaes, and of course going to Susannah's beach house. But this summer is different. 6 months ago, she went to the doctor only to find out she had a brain tumor placed in the temporal lobe of her brain. When you think of someone's reaction to having cancer you'll think of heartbreak, pain, and denial.

But Dream's reaction was different. She was of course sad, but she instantly made the plan to live whatever time she had left of being happy and being at peace with everyone. She talked with her mom Laurel about waiting to tell Steven and Belly until after summer, so she can have the best summer without having to make them worry about her.

She didn't want anything to be different.

"Dream hurry up, or we'll leave you here!" Steven yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming down now! Calm down," She responded.

Looking around her room and seeing all the photos from every other summer from Cousins she gets the sense of deja vu. Remembering all the summers when they spent the 4th of July watching Jeremiah's fireworks, going to the beach, having a movie night with the moms and just relaxing outside by the pool. She loves those moments, especially now.

"Dream, I swear I'm not joking. Get down here or we are leaving!" She heard Steven yell breaking her from her thoughts.

"Okay, calm your cheeks, I'm coming down," She responded, laughing a little, while also ruling her eyes.

She grabs her suitcase and heads downstairs. Finally getting down the stairs she sees Steven standing there, waiting for her.

"Finally, what took so long?"

"Nothing, I just got distracted."

"Okay, well let's go now please," Steven said while pushing out the door to the car.

"Okay, okay. Calm down," She responded, finally getting to the car.

Grabbing her bag, she puts it in the back and goes to close the door until she starts to get a little dizzy feeling.

"Hey, you okay?" Steven asked, seeing her sway on her feet a little bit.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think I just need to eat something, you know, low iron and everything," She responded, brushing off the dizziness and going to close the trunk door again.

"Okay well let's do this," Steven said, jumping a little and heading to the driver's side.

"Yep, let's do this," Dream stated and got in the car, where her mom and twin sister were waiting.

"Finally, you guys were taking forever," Belly complained a little.

"Hey, it's Dream's fault. She was taking forever packing," Steven said, throwing Dream under the bus.