𝟭𝟬

After a couple of hours later of partying and spending time with everyone, Dream decides to head back to the house

After a couple of hours later of partying and spending time with everyone, Dream decides to head back to the house. Only having one margarita she wouldn't say she was drunk, just a little tipsy. Walking up to the house, she greeted everyone before heading inside, going to lay on the couch for a couple of minutes, seeming as if her headache had gotten worse in the last hour and her vision was still getting blurry from time to time. It scared her, today is supposed to be special but the stupid tumor just has to make its presence known to her today. She hated it. Seemingly to get lost in thought she didn't even notice she was falling asleep until she had already been deep in a slumber.

About an hour later, Dream had woken up, stretching slightly. She sits up, grabs her phone, and checks the time. Seeing it wasn't too late, she was relieved, she didn't sleep through the day, thank god. Sadly the nap didn't help her headache as it had come rushing back to her when she opened her eyes. Hearing talking she goes into the kitchen, mom and Belly have been staring at each other. "What, it's cake time," Belly had drunkenly stated, before rushing out the door. With their mom and Dream following after her. Hearing people talk, but did not understand until she walked out the door and then heard Belly speak then, "Ooh, I want the piece with the strawberries," she said excitedly before seeming to have lost her footing, sending her to crash down and seemingly bringing Susannah and the cake down with her. Everyone rushes to the two, worried for them, Dream had rushed to Belly, first before going to Susannah and helping her get up, since seeing she wasn't going to be accepting the help from Adam, her husband, anytime soon.

Laurel had then taken Susannah from Dream, telling Belly they would talk later. This then left Dream, John, and Victoria to help Belly inside, as she couldn't seem to even walk straight now. Seeming to realize she had been more drunk than she thought. Releasing a breath, Dream rubs her forehead slightly before deciding to start picking up everything. Grabbing a bag, Dream then bends down and starts picking up the broken glass and pieces of cake, while trying to be careful to not cut herself. Then at this time, her vision had decided to get more blurry, and not being able to see the piece of glass, Dream had accidentally set her hand on it, cutting her palm in the process.

"Damnit!" She yells, grabbing her hand with the other she looks at it. She was angry. Why did this have to happen? Today was supposed to be special. It was supposed to be the best Fourth of July ever, not for her but for Susannah. But she was too distracted by her headache she hadn't realized Belly drinking so much and didn't try and stop her or at least get her to slow down.

Now she cut her hand. What's next? She thought, is there anything else the world wants to do to ruin the day for her anymore? Her emotions started getting the best of her, and the next thing she knew she was crying. Tears were falling into the fallen cake, and her trying to wipe them away she ended up smearing blood on her face a little and her clothes. "Why me?" She whispers. "Why does this have to happen to me?" She cries out. She was so tired. But from what? To her, she didn't have anything to be tired of. She slept everyday almost all day. She doesn't go out and if she does it's only for like 3-4 hours at most.

Too busy crying over everything she didn't hear the door open and someone walking over to her. She almost jumped when feeling a pair of arms wrapping around her and pulling her into their chest. "Hey, Dream what's wrong little sis?" She then hears. She knew that voice, Steven. Her big brother. Coming to save her. She missed him.

It felt like all summer they never got to talk, and it hurt her. Crying she tries to calm her breathing. "I'm just so tired Steven, I wanted this day to be perfect but it's ruined," She cries. "And it's my fault, if I wasn't too distracted with my headache then I could've gotten Belly to not drink so much, and then Susannah wouldn't have fallen and dropped the cake, but Belly did drink and Susannah did fall and I was trying to at least fix it and clean up but my stupid self couldn't pay attention and I cut my hand and now the day is officially ruined and I failed," She continues, now fully sobbing to brother.

Shushing her, Steven rubs her back, trying to calm her. "Hey it's not your fault, you wouldn't have known if you could get Belly to stop drinking so much and you didn't know Susannah would fall," He tries to reason with her, but it seems to not get through to her. Taking a breath Steven gets Dream to look at him, "Hey, look at me Dream. Breathe, okay. This is not your fault. You are 16 years old, not an adult. So this isn't you're fault. You are an amazing daughter and sister, and I'm so proud of you. One day is not going to ruin this summer. There is always tomorrow, the day after that, and next week. Okay?" Steven reassures her, it seems to be working better now he notices that she has calmed her breathing and isn't crying so much. "Now I want you to go inside and clean yourself up, go lay down. I will take care of everything out here, okay?" He tells her.

She nods at him slightly before going to hug him again. "Thank you, Stevie. You are the best big brother I could've asked for," She tells him. "Yeah and you are the best sister, I love you okay?" He responds. She nods her head, "I love you too," She says back, before pulling from the hug and standing up to head inside.

Heading inside, Dream goes upstairs and into the bathroom. She looks at herself in the mirror taking in her appearance. Mascara had been running down her face with blood from her hand smudged on her cheek. She takes a deep breath before starting to clean her hand and wrapping it and then moves and cleans her face. Washing off any makeup and blood, leaving her now feeling clean and refreshed. Walking out she goes and decides to check on Susannah. Knocking on her door she waits to hear a quiet come in, before opening the door. "Are you okay?" Dream asks her, walking over to her. Susannah nods her head giving her a reassuring smile. "I'm sorry today was ruined, I wanted you to have the best Fourth of July but I guess nothing can go to plan," She then continues.

Susannah gives the girl a smile before bringing her in for a hug. "Oh sweetie just having everyone here gave me the best holiday I could've asked for, so don't apologize." She responds to the girl. Dream nods her head, letting her know she understands. "Okay, I think I'm gonna head to bed, I'm kinda tired but goodnight. I love you," Dream responds. "I love you too sweetheart," Susannah says.

Exiting the room Dream sighs. She starts to head to her room, entering and deciding to change into a random t-shirt and a pair of leggings before laying down and letting sleep consume her.