𝟬𝟵

Waking up the next morning all Dream could think about was the night before

Waking up the next morning all Dream could think about was the night before. She and Jeremiah. It almost felt like a dream, ironic right? Getting up she starts getting ready. It's the Fourth of July. Susannah's favorite holiday, which meant today had to be perfect. Not for her, but for Susannah. It may be her last summer but it was possibly also Susannah's and she wasn't going to let anyone ruin it. No matter what. Looking in her closet she chooses her red crochet top with her blue jean shorts and some white sandals. Deciding to put her hair half up and half down, she adds a pearl hair clip to keep it up and adds her pearl earrings, bracelet, and necklace to put it together.

Sighing she looked in the mirror, she had a minor headache today and her vision was slightly blurry but she decided to ignore it. Today was a day for Susannah, and she wasn't going to be the one to ruin it. She combs through her hair, trying to straighten it and calm down the frizz. But as she finished she looked at her hand and noticed a couple of strands of hair had fallen out. Heartbreaking slightly at the sight she takes a deep breath before throwing it away and heading downstairs to the kitchen. "Good morning everyone," She greets, smiling at everyone, not wanting anyone to see her worry and guilt. Getting good mornings and hello's back, she heads to the fridge and grabs the orange juice, getting her a glass.

"Oh, sweetie I know we gave you a few days, but I need the answer on if you are doing the debutante ball or not?" Susannah speaks up, looking at Dream.

Dream thinks for a second before nodding her head, "Yeah, I'll do anything for you Susannah, it sounds kinda fun," She responds, smiling at her. Susannah's smile seemed to brighten from her answer, happy for the girl to agree with her. "Okay, then you will need to find a date like today," Susannah says, "Okay yeah I'll see what I can do," She says, smiling slightly having a person in mind already, she just hopes he would agree even if he's not a huge debutante fan.

"Oh and Dad's girlfriend, Victoria, is coming over, so Mom said we have to be on our best behavior Dream," Steven had said. "Ooh, I'm excited to meet her," Dream says, playing with her bracelet. Shaking his head, Steven laughed quietly before heading out of the room, it seemed that everyone had left, well except for her and Jeremiah.

"Are you excited to meet Victoria or are you just saying that?" He asks, breaking the small silence. She looks over at him, confused for a second before he trails his eyes down to her hand playing with the bracelet. "I think you forget that I know you Dream, which means I know when something is bothering you, so what's wrong?" He states, standing up and walking towards her, grabbing her hands to hold them, rubbing over her knuckles trying to calm her.

She smiles slightly, looking at him before glancing at the ground. "It's nothing really, it's just, what if she doesn't like me and dad sides with her or she is actually really nice, and then mom feels like she wasn't enough for dad," She rambles, about to start worrying and rambling more she goes to speak before a pair of lips interrupts her. Smiling into the kiss she can't help but relax, that's Jeremiah for her, always being there to bring her back down to the ground. That was one of the many things of why she loved him. Love, she never really thought of it like that. I mean yeah they just confessed their feelings for one another but she didn't just love him like a lover, but a friend, a foe. He was always there for her when she needed someone, whether it was in person or on a call, he would be there to listen to her. And to help her through her thoughts and worries.

For Jeremiah, he has been in love with the girl for what feels like centuries. She had shown him what true love was, growing up he never truly knew what true love was due to his parents never being the type to show it around. And as he got older it seemed they showed it even less. Especially now. But with Dream, he got to know what it was, and he couldn't ask for anything more. All he needed was her smile to know it would be a great day, hell even a great week. She may think she doesn't do a lot for him but just being there helped him. That's all he needed. And that's all he wanted.

"Thank you," She says, smiling at him. "I don't even wanna know what I was going to say next but all I know is that you saved me," She continues, looking the boy in his eyes. "Yeah well that's what I'm here for, Monday through Sunday 24 hours a day, all you need to do is look at me and I'm there," He says, he loved this girl and he wasn't going to mess it up.

To him saying that you'd think she would feel relief, happy, but all she felt was guilt. She was dying and he didn't know. And here she is falling in love with a boy she knew she couldn't have in the end. And it broke her heart to know that she would be breaking his too. Breaking apart their hands she looks down at the ground for a second, "Um, I think I'm gonna go help finish everything outside with Mom and Susannah, but I'll see you later, yeah?" She asks, smiling to not worry the boy about the guilt she feels. He nods, smiling back at her, before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and leaving. She takes another deep breath before turning around. To go outside with Susannah and Laurel.

Opening the door she is greeted to see Susannah and Laurel whispering lightly, seeming to wait for her Dad and his girlfriend, Victoria to get out of the car and walk up to them. "I was kinda hoping for a vapid ditz in Lululemons," Mom had spoken up first. "Stereotypical midlife crisis?" Susannah then jokingly asked, making the three laugh slightly as Laurel agreed with her. "You have a much better ass," Susannah then said, giving Dream's mom the confidence she deserves. "Yeah, Mom you are gorgeous, okay nobody can ever top you," Dream speaks up, agreeing with Susannah, smiling at her Mom. "Thanks, sweetie," her Mom responds, grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze for comfort.

"Dream, sweetie," Her Dad spoke, speeding his walk slightly, before hugging his first daughter. "I've missed you, how are you feeling? You've been okay?" He then asks, while leaning away from the hug and squeezing her arms slightly. She nods her head, "Good, great actually," She responds, smiling at him. He then nods his head before going to give Laurel and Susannah a hug too, greeting them too. "Oh and this is Victoria, Victoria this is one of my daughters, Dream, and then Laurel and Susannah," He introduces them to each other. The three greet her with smiles, wanting to make her feel welcome of course. "I think I'm gonna head down to the beach for a little with the others, so I'll see you guys later," Dream tells the four adults and her mom nods, saying goodbye and smiling at them before walking off.