05

Skating down the road, Dream smiles looking around and waving to people she passes and having her headphones in listening to one of her favorite songs This Girl by Laza Morgan

Skating down the road, Dream smiles looking around and waving to people she passes and having her headphones in listening to one of her favorite songs This Girl by Laza Morgan. She first heard that song when she watched the movie Step Up 3 and has loved the song since. She would sing it in the car with her family, or at a party with Jeremiah. Anytime that song was on you would see her singing that song, and if you couldn't see her then she would at least make it known that you could hear her.

Dream didn't know where she was going but she also didn't question it. All she knew was that right now she was right where she wanted to be doing what she loved. Skating helped clear her mind. She didn't have to worry about her mom worrying behind her watching her every move, or possibly outing her secret to everyone. To her skating was one of her safe places, she had a list of them. First, there was her mom, someone she always knew she could count on. Second was Jeremiah, someone who always believed in her, and helped her whether it was school or friends he was there. Third was skating around town clearing her mind. And lastly was the beach, the sound of the waves hitting against the sand, watching when the sun meets the sea when it sets and the sky hitting those beautiful shades of the rainbow. She loved it.

After an hour or so of riding around and sitting at the beach Dream had decided it was best to head back home. Walking inside she noticed it was quiet, that's weird she thought. She then remembered that Jeremiah and Steven had to work and Belly had been taken to go shopping for the Debutante Ball. Dream was excited about it, especially getting to choose the dress. But not about the dances so much. Deciding since she would only have a little time for herself she decides to go upstairs and take a nap for a little since skating had made her exhausted. It didn't take her long to fall asleep once she hit the pillow.

Arriving home after dropping off Belly, Laurel had wondered where Dream was. Going upstairs peaking in her room sighing in relief seeing her daughter safe and happily sleeping in her room. Going over there she smiles grabbing a blanket from the end of her bed and covering her with it, happily watching her daughter snuggle more into it.

Laurel had talked to the lady for the Debutante, and due to her condition, she isn't making Dream be at every meeting, wanting the girl to rest and said as long as she has the dances and the dress together she wouldn't have a problem.

"I love you my Dreambug," She whispered, soaking up this moment she knew could be one of her last with her.

Kissing her cheek she gets up and slowly closes the door, trying not to wake her. She decided to go downstairs to see if she could get any writing done while having the time.

 She decided to go downstairs to see if she could get any writing done while having the time

Waking up, Dream stretches her arms and legs. Another thing she loves. The amazing stretches after a deep sleep or a refreshing and much-needed nap. God, it was amazing. Grabbing her phone she checks the time, shocked to see it read 2:38 am. Damn, she missed dinner, and it seemed like her body knew that too since not even a minute later her stomach growled. Rubbing her eyes she decides to change into some sweatpants and a hoodie she probably got from one of the guys seeing as it was a little longer on her than her other ones.

Heading downstairs and into the kitchen while trying to be as quiet as possible wasn't that hard, well until she slipped on the last step and nearly fell and broke an arm, luckily the rail was there to catch her. Cursing silently she takes a breath before continuing into the kitchen. Looking in the fridge and letting out a breath of relief seeing as Susannah left her some leftovers from dinner that night. Not taking any more time, Dream grabs the food puts it into the microwave, and sets it for 5 minutes before turning around.

Except when she turned around she didn't expect to be almost scared to death by the one and only guy that she hadn't seen all day.

"Jesus, you scared me," Dream breathes, putting a hand on her chest, over her heart before continuing, "Warn a girl next time please."

Conrad laughs before shaking his head and looking down for a second before looking back at her. "Well then where is the fun in that," He responds. "Gotta have you live life on the edge every once and a while," He continues.

"Yeah well I do like to live on the edge but I would also like to not have a heartache at 2 in the morning before eating," She says, laughing slightly. "But natural Conrad, always lurking instead of socializing huh?" She then asks jokingly.

"Yep," He states, popping the p at the end. "I haven't seen you since you got here, you okay?"

She nods, "Yeah, just been tired, I think it was from the long car ride, and having to deal with Steven that long is a no-go," She jokes.

They laugh for a second before settling in silence. It was nice for Dream. Not having to talk about her sickness. This is why she didn't want anyone to know. Because she knew that every conversation would then turn into a 'Hey I know you're dying and I want to talk about it'. But with Conrad, she didn't have to worry. Yeah at the same time, she felt guilty for not telling him but it was for the best. He shouldn't have to worry about her when he should be having the best summer ever before moving to college and growing up into an adult. Well, almost adult.

"So I heard about the new girl from Steven, he mentioned it this morning," She brought up, looking at him. "What's her name again?" She questioned, she saw him roll his eyes while shaking his head. "What do you not like her like that?" She then questioned too.

"Well her name is Nicole and it's not that it's just, she's different," He says, looking down. "But like different in a good way, she's calm and she seems so sure of what she wants, it's nice I mean I don't know if it would be anything serious but it could be," He says, while also seeming to contemplate whether he believes what he is saying is true or not.

"Well I'm not judging you and whoever makes you happy Conrad makes me happy for you, whether is a girl or a guy I will support all relationships for you," She says, smiling at him. "I'm proud of you Conrad, I mean I get you're older than me but growing up with you was the best thing ever, you are the best nonbiological brother I could've asked for. I love you Conrad you know that right?" She asks.

He nods his head, not wanting to look into her eyes so can't see the tears forming in his. "Yeah, and I love you too, if I could choose one person to be my sister I would choose you Dream, always." He says, finally looking at her.

"And forever," She finishes, smiling.

The sound of beeping then interrupts the moment, she turns back around and grabs her food. "Well, as much as I love our random night conversations I am going to head upstairs and eat and probably go back to sleep." She says, turning back to him. "Goodnight Connie," She smiles at him.

"Yeah, goodnight D," He smiles back at her.

She then leaves the room and heads back upstairs and into her room. Sitting down she lets out a breath. Damn, she was only downstairs for about 5-10 minutes and already had a deep conversation with Conrad. Her dying brought her to socialize more and be open she hated it. She shouldn't have to worry about having those conversations for a long time but should instead be able to make jokes. But instead, she has them now, at 15 years old. Fuck cancer.