𝟭𝟭

Waking up, Dream takes in a deep breath before opening her eyes

Waking up, Dream takes in a deep breath before opening her eyes. A new day. Which means new plans. Today she had plans to go look at dresses for the debutante ball with her mom and Susannah before going to then practice her dance for the said ball. Getting up she decides to hurry and get dressed for the day. She decided to keep it more casual with a pair of jean shorts and a T-shirt she had gotten from a souvenir shop near the beach. She decided to not use any makeup and kept her hair down.

Heading downstairs she met her mom and Susannah who sat on the couch, it seemed a little tense but the moms tried to put up their best front for the girl. After greeting each other they had then headed out to the dress shop they got Belly's dress from.

After what felt like 5 hours and 100 dresses later, which was maybe 1 hour and 10 dresses later, Dream started to lose hope in not finding the dress. That was until her next dress. Seeing it on the hanger she fell in love but once she put it on she never knew she could feel so confident in a dress until now. She loved it. Walking out she smiles when she sees her mom and Susannah looking up at her, both their jaws dropping as they gasp at the dress.

"So what do you guys think?" She asks, smiling at them both, showing them she loves the dress.

"Sweetheart, you look breathtaking," Her mom says, putting a hand over her heart. "Stunning," Susannah breathed out. "I think this is the one," Dream says, turning to look in the mirror. Susannah and Laurel both made noises of agreement before Susannah decided to go up to the front desk to pay for the dress. She didn't matter the cost, she would pay anything to see her girl in a white dress, knowing she wouldn't be able to again. "I am so proud of you baby, I mean it felt like just yesterday you took your first steps, and now here you are, becoming a debutante and learning who you are," Her mom says, smiling at her daughter. "Thank you, Mom," Her daughter smiles, she appreciates her mom telling her how she feels, and can't wait for the ball now.

After going back to change out of the dress and get it packaged, she walks over back to Susannah and Laurel. "So did you find an escort to the ball yet?" Susannah asks. "Um not yet but I actually have someone in mind," Dream responds, smiling slightly while tucking her hair behind her ear. "Ooh, who?" Susannah says excitedly, clapping her hands quietly. "Um actually Jeremiah," Dream confesses, both the women's eyes widen, and smiles pop up on their faces. "Yeah, we've been kinda dating the last 2 weeks, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys but I just wanted to get used to it and come to terms with it," She continues, as her smile widens. "Oh sweetie that's wonderful, I always knew you two were perfect for eachother, since day one," Susannah gushes as her mom nods agreeing with her.

After a while the three head back home, Dream decides to change into something more debutante-like, picking a pastel yellow top and skirt combo with white short heels and a white bag to go with them

After a while the three head back home, Dream decides to change into something more debutante-like, picking a pastel yellow top and skirt combo with white short heels and a white bag to go with them. Before brushing her hair, making sure to be careful, not wanting to lose any more hair than she already has. Heading downstairs she runs into Jeremiah, "Hello, handsome," She greets him, smiling. "Well hello beautiful, I swear every time I see you, you get even more gorgeous," He compliments her, making her blush.

"So, are you ready to go practice the dances for the deb ball?" She asked, quickly changing the subject. She always loved the compliments he gave her but didn't always like the attention when she got flustered. He nods his head before taking her hand and leading her outside on the patio near the pool. He pulls out his phone quickly connecting it to the outside speaker, "Any song request?" He asks, glancing at her. She shook her head, "Surprise me," She spoke.

He smiles, before returning his gaze on his phone quickly typing a song on it. Soon she heard the piano playing and she immediately knew what song it was. As the song 'Ghost of You' by 5 Seconds of Summer plays through the speaker Jeremiah walks towards the girl and grabs her hand. It doesn't take them long to find the rhythm to dance to the song, slightly swaying to the music.

The girl closes her eyes, laying her head on the boy's shoulder, smiling. Her hands had been lying over his shoulders while his hands were on her waist, slowly wrapping them around her. It was a nice feeling, she wished it could be like this forever, but of course, her wishes never seemed to come true. She knew she had to tell the boy soon about her condition, but she was scared. Scared of his reaction, and scared that once she tells him then she knows it's real. And she didn't want to face it. But she had to.

As the song switched and a new song played she recognized it was 'Champagne Problems' by Taylor Swift. That's when she realized he had put on a playlist of her favorite songs that she put on his phone. She takes a breath, slowly taking her arms off his shoulders, and looks at the boy. "Jeremiah there's something I have to tell you," She says, slowly and quietly. He looks at her, confused. He nods slowly, "Okay, what's wrong?" He asked.

She continues to look at the boy, tears now forming in her eyes. He notices a tear falling from her cheek, taking his hand he wipes it off her cheek, "Hey, whatever it is. I'm here and it's going be okay," He says, now worried. "It's not going to be okay though Jere," She states quietly.

She takes another breath, closing her eyes before speaking, "About eight months ago, me and my mom went to the doctor, we didn't think anything of it. But I have cancer Jere," She states, opening her eyes now looking at him. He looked shocked. His eyebrows knit together, now confused. " I have a tumor that's placed in the temporal lobe of my brain, and the doctor said that I probably won't even live over a year," She continues, crying now.

It takes a minute for the boy to now process what she is saying to him, shocked he takes a step back. He closed his eyes, rubbing them with his hand that was holding hers, but he had dropped it. "Why didn't you tell sooner?" He questioned. A sob now escapes her mouth, "I wanted to, so bad but I was so scared so I told my mom not to tell you guys until I was ready, your mom thought it would be best to-," She says, but gets interrupted, "Wait, my mom knew, who else knows, does Conrad know? Steven? Hell does Belly know?" He now questions. The girl shakes her head, "No they don't know, yet. Only our parents know," She replies.

Jeremiah releases a breath, he shakes his head. The girl takes a step toward him but is shocked when he takes a step back. "I'm sor-" She starts apologizing. "Don't, please don't" He interrupts the girl again, raising his hand slightly. He takes a look at the girl. Heartbreak in his eyes. Then he leaves. He walks away, breaking the girl's heart even more. Leaving her alone.

Another sob escapes her mouth once she realizes she's alone. Falling to her knees, she places a hand over her mouth. She lost him. He left her. She doesn't know how long she was there, crying before she feels arms wrapping around her. She notices it is her mom, "Dream, baby, what's wrong, what happened?" She questions, rubbing her back. "I told him, Mom, I told Jeremiah and he left me, he walked away," She sobs.

"Oh baby, it's okay. He just needs to think. Here let me help you, let's get you to your room," Her mom, Laurel says. She helps the girl stand and walks her inside her room. Thankfully nobody was downstairs when they went in. Nobody had to question what was wrong. She wouldn't be able to handle any questions from anybody without breaking down more. The mom lays her daughter in her bed, tucking her in before she hums a song, running her fingers through her hair and whispering to the girl that everything will be okay. It wasn't long before the girl had fallen asleep, letting the darkness consume her.