𝟭𝟯

After a long night of tears being shed, the family ended up sleeping in the living room

After a long night of tears being shed, the family ended up sleeping in the living room. They didn't want to leave Dream's side, scared that when they did she would be gone. But today was a special day. The debutante ball. Dream was excited. She wasn't going to let her sickness stop her from having fun and enjoying the day ahead of her. She had talked to Belly and convinced her to go with Conrad, telling her she needed a date and Conrad was right in front of her begging her to go with him. She did feel bad for Nicole and Cam but also knew that Belly and Conrad were soulmates, and nobody could keep them apart.

She had luckily gotten the painting for Susannah earlier that week, so now she was currently with Belly, heading to the country club to get ready. After arriving she started with her makeup, keeping it natural mostly with some eyeliner and mascara with a light shimmer for her eyeshadow. Then for her hair, she kept it down with beach waves with a pearl headband, to match the pearl earrings, bracelet, and necklace she got for her birthday. After finally done with hair and makeup she had to finally put on her dress. Getting help from Nicole as she laced up the back and complimented the girl. "I know we just met this summer Dream, but I love you like you are a sister, and I'm going to miss you so much," Nicole states, tears forming in her eyes. "Don't cry, please. Nicole, you are like a big sister I never knew I needed until now, and I love you too," She responds, hugging the girl.

After about another 30 minutes everyone had gathered, waiting till it was their turn to be announced. It seemed like forever till it was Dream's turn. Heading out to see her family and Jeremiah, you could the proud look on their faces. Smiling at everyone she walks with Jeremiah down the steps, standing in front of the table of her family. She walks over handing her mom the bouquet of roses, before returning next to Jeremiah, curtsying to her family.

A little while later, it had almost been time for their next dance, but Dream still hadn't spotted Jeremiah since earlier. Growing worried she doesn't know what to do. About to leave the room, she's then stopped by Jeremiah entering. He looked like he was crying. She went to ask what was wrong before he quietly told her he would tell her after. She nodded her head before going on the dance floor, getting ready to dance.

After the dance, they shared a look before Jeremiah looked over at Conrad, "I'll be right back," He stated, heading over the Conrad. They shared some words, before Jeremiah looked at him, heartbroken, until he punched Conrad. Gasping she rushes over, wanting to get them to stop but knew it is better to not get in the middle. Susannah had then run over yelling at them to stop. "What is going on?" She demands, looking at her two sons. There was a moment of silence before Conrad spoke up "We know Mom," He stated, glancing at Jeremiah, "We both know," Stating again, finally having Susannah realize what he meant.

Later that night, Dream was in her room, resting, while Laurel was comforting her kids about Susannah, and Susannah was talking to the boys. She breathes out a sigh, before laying down, suddenly exhausted. She opens her drawer for her nightstand, setting out the letters, putting them on the nightstand. She lays down, letting out a deep breath. "I love you guys, this was the best last summer I could've ever asked for," She says, before letting the darkness consume her.