VIIII

"Wow addy you look stunning" Jeremiah comments in awe when I step out the car
"As do you, belly" he adds when she gets out.
I'm wearing a sage green silk maxi dress, white heels and a white fascinator (susannah insisted) to match. Belly sports a black and white gingham dress, spotted with yellow flowers, and a similar pink hat.
"so what are those, pineapples?" jeremiah asks belly, referencing her dress
Belly looks at me in amazement "oh my god. Have you never seen flowers before?" I grin at her bewilderment.
"No I have, but that's definitely a pineapple" he mocks cheekily.
"Here, let me walk you girls in" he offers, linking his arms with belly, before twirling me and doing the same thing.
-
"Hi Paige" Jeremiah greets the stern looking lady who approaches us.
"Hi Jeremiah, a pleasure as always" she says, her voice dropping with sarcasm. "You're late. And on table two." She scolds and notifies me and belly.
"Are those the Brie and fig jam sandwiches with prosciutto?" Jeremiah asks Paige before we take our seats.
"Yes. For the girls" she adds.
I watch the interaction between them; Jeremiah takes a sandwich, is shouted at, and proceeds to run away. Before he dashes down the stairs, and I follow belly to take my seat, he kisses my hand. "You look beautiful".
-
We are sat alongside a few other very pretty girls. I recognise Nicole as the girl Conrad was with at the bonfire, when he ignored me. She sits beside belly, who is on my right. To my left is Shayla, who belly informs me is the girl Steven was with that night also. She is extremely fashionable, and she is kindhearted enough to cover the bruise sporting my cheek with a compact from her clutch. I conclude I like her, and give Steven my metal, premature blessings.
As much as Shayla is friendly, I still question my choice of becoming a Deb. I hate the overly posh, snooty environment, and contemplate calling Laurel to pick me up.

-

"So a date huh?" I ask belly, while she clutters her room in attempt to get ready.
"Yes" she blushes "cams taking me to the drive-in" I recognise the name as the boy from the bonfire.
"You look beautiful. He's lucky" I laugh as she decides on her final outfit.
We make our way downstairs and I follow belly into the room in which the boys reside.
"Wow you look hot!" Jeremiah compliments her.
"Dude that's my sister" Steven tuts in disgust. "You do look nice though". I smile at Stevens honesty. It's a rare occurrence he's nice to belly. I guess that's just him being an older brother though.
"Are you riding with, or meeting us there" jere asks., referring to the book party.
"Actually it'll be just addy. I'm not going" belly tells excitedly. "I have a date!"
She's interrupted by a text tone emerging from her phone, presumably Cam letting her know of his arrival, because she soon hurries off.
She takes one last look of her appearance in the mirror, and skips away.

I don't miss the longing stare Conrad directs her way.