XIII

"she left this morning and you didn't end things well?" i ask belly about taylor.

"no. i dont think im ready to talk to her yet". i nod. "well anyway, its the fourth of july, im not going to dwell on it. not today at least" she smiles.

"fair enough" i smile at her positive mood despite last nights events, and we make our way downstairs for breakfast.

"john is coming today. Hes bringing his girlfriend victoria; so be nice" laurel adresses us. she had adopted me after her split from john, however we saw him often, so he became a soft of father figure in my life. Even though i wasnt his biological, nor adopted child, he had always treated me the same as belly and conrad. despite the divorce, john was a good man and i appreciated him very much.

"really?" belly asks, making an awkward face.

"yes. now if youre done with your food go and help susannah set up outside please"

-

laurel and susannah greet john and his girlfriend at the door, and instantaniously, everyone rushes over the the glass panes to sneak a view

"shes hot!" jeremiah remarks. everyone shoots him a glace "what! im just saying what everyone was thinking" i laugh. in all honesty, victoria was stunning. she looked youthful, her hair and outfit were styled perfectly and she wore a glimmering smile. of course she had nothing on my mom though.

"dude. that could be belly and stevens step mom." conrad thinks about it and smirks. i smack his arm in mock disgust

"ew" me and belly say in unison and i laugh.

"quick they're coming" belly ushers us into a presentable line.

After introductions are finished, we all head outside once again to commence the party, however we're soon interrupted by another knock at the door. It's the debs. I guess the party has officially begun.
Despite our friends arrival, I find myself still next to laurel, belly, john and victoria. shayla, hand in hand with steven, comes to introduced herself to the aforementioned parents. they chat for a short while until she is called over by gigi.

"wow im shocked a girl like that would deb. she seems very sure of herself" laurel questions.

me and belly glance at eachother. ouch.

"so belly, adriana; you're debbing this year, huh?" john asks, striking up a conversation.

"yeah- because apparently its for girls like us. girls who arent sure of themselves." belly answers, glaring at laurel. i grimace. awkward.

"you know i didnt mean it like that" she looks at us apologetically

"hmm" belly hums a response nonchalantly "addy lets go help susannah in the kitchen" i nod and follow her willingly. when we get to the kitchen its empty, the only sign of inhabitance is the blender full of pomegranate juice.

"what is this mystery concoction. its definitely not susannah" i laugh at the abandoned mixture.

"i think its just juice. only one way to find out" belly laughs and makes her way over to the blender, where she pours herself a cup of the red liquid.

"oh my god" she splutters. "its tequila". she makes a sour face. i cant help but burst out laughing when she makes the realisation

"its not funny!" she laughs while scolding me "here". she hands me the glass, willing me to take a sip. i do and i enjoy the drink. until it burns its way down my throat. i swear the person who made it must have got the ratio of alcohol to juice wayyy off. no wonder it was left alone.