New start

Patrick's POV

What.

"What do you mean she's done..? "

"If a women doesn't show care anymore it's over. It's done.. I don't want to bad talk about her so you talk to her yourself.. alright?"

I nod softly and we stay quiet the whole time. We arrive at my house and I turn to her. "I'll talk to Jillian first and then I'll get you. I'll lock the car." She nods and I walk inside.

"Jill? Where are you?"

"In the kitchen."

"Alright uh.. so I brought Ellen here. She can't sleep anymore at the house and me sleeping there would feel wrong so.. I brought her here."

"Alright."

"Can we talk.. after she's settled."

"Yeah."

I nod and realize Ellen is right. I don't want to talk and make it up with Jill but something inside me still wants me to try.

I walk back to the car and let Ellen out. I grab her bag and walk her to her room. "Hey so.. I'll talk to Jillian now.. okay?"

"Okay.. I think I'll sit outside.." I nod.

"Alright let's get you downstairs."

She walks downstairs before giving me a pat on the back and sitting on the patio.

"Jillian come here.." we walk together to the office. "Look.. I'm sorry for being so close to Ellen. She just needs our help."

"Patrick. It's not that. Don't you think I know what you did? If you want Ellen then go for it."

"What did I do? I'm confused." I know she knows.

"You had sex with Ellen! Don't you think you know? You are so delusional. I'm done Patrick! I'm done! Why are you still here? Why do you make me suffer?!" She says with tearing up.

"Jillian.. I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I always love you.. but she.. she makes me feel so happy. She.. I don't know. I'm sorry I hurt you but I can't.. I can't stay and do this. You need someone who loves you like I love her.." Jillian stares at me for a bit. She grabs a blanket and without a word goes out to the patio.

Ellen's POV

I hear someone coming onto the patio. I look up and see Jillian standing there, tears running down. " Oh.. uh sorry do I need to leave..?" I say.

"No.. no.." She stares at me but surprisingly sits next to me. "He loves you."

"I'm sorry.. I never meant to hurt you. It wasn't my intention I didn't even want to do anything with him."

"I know.. I know. It's his fault.." She says. She gets out a pack of cigarettes and lights it. "You want one..?" She asks, showing the cigarettes.

"Yeah why not." I take one and Jill lights it up for me. "I didn't know you smoked.."

"I didn't know you smoked." She fires back, but chuckling right after it. "Only when I'm stressed.. like right now. My marriage fell apart."

"Yeah I agree on that part, the smoking part. The marriage part I'm sorry about.. I didn't really.. I hate it."

"You don't have to worry about that, it's over. We weren't really soulmates anyway.. My dad wanted me to get married and he promised me a car.." Jill chuckles but continues. "If I knew back then I shouldn't rush it.. and if I knew back then that a car wasn't worth all the pain I had.."

"You didn't know any better.. they all make marriage seem like an award. The second last step to having a perfect life. It really isn't like that.. if I'm honest I wish I knew better too."

"Yeah.. I don't wish that on anyone.." she chuckles and finishes her cigarette. "I'll um.. go and pack my bags." She stands up.

"Wait no.. I'm sure Patrick won't want to stay here.. I'm sure you can have the house.." Jill nods and bites her lip for a second.

"Alright.. I'm gonna go tho to get some booze.. so I'll probably never see you again. So thank you.. tho. Bye.."

"Bye Jill.. I hope you find something good.." she nods and leaves the patio.

I wrap myself in my sweater more. I feel bad for breaking up their marriage. I was truly a home wrecker. But I feel like Patrick is the one. I'll feel bad for a while though. But I know she's going to survive.