Chapter 15: My girl

Chapter 15: My girl
𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎
LEONIE WALDORF

Chapter 15: My girl𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎LEONIE WALDORF

The teams are tied 1-1 as the Second period begins. Ian is playing brilliantly of course. But enjoying Ian playing is hard with Tessa and Nathaniel's constant bickering. Nathaniel has once again decided to spy on his rival team by coming to their game. Well at least according to Tessa, but she's not a reliable source for his reasoning.

Nathaniel walked in a few minutes after Tessa and me. There were a few seats available for Nathaniel to take. But he chose the most dangerous one.

The seat next to Tessa.

The moment Nathaniel sat down an argument occurred. I don't know why they despise each other so much. As I drew up an answer I remembered how they went to the same high school together. That must be when their hatred for each other started.

But my curiosity about them doesn't compare to my curiosity about Ian and my plans tonight. Ian and I made another deal.

I know we've done that a lot.

He wanted a date in exchange for... dare I say sex. I know it may sound crazy and idiotic to others. (Tessa words not mine) to randomly ask your boyfriend (fake-boyfriend) to have sex.

It is. But I'm ready to have sex and I want it to be with a person I trust.

Ian.

Why did he want a date? May Ian have feelings for me? I know he flirts a lot but I never expected it to be anything more. I never expected Ian to catch feelings.

Usually, I would reassure myself there's nothing more to Ian and my relationship. We're friends and fake dating. I reassure myself every time he flirts and kisses me that it's fake.

But with this date it's clear that may not be true anymore.

"They say when a woman hates you it means she is attracted to you" Nathaniel's words halt my thoughts. They've been arguing so long I can't remember what started their argument.

"They also say when you hate someone to slam a door in their face," Tessa says. "Don't think for a second that I find you attractive. I find you infuriating, narcissistic, and a pain in the ass"

"I love when you talk dirty Tessa," Nathaniel says with a smile. He's enjoying this?

I turn my head to the arena not catching the rest of their argument. Cheers break from the crowd as Caleb steals the puck and passes it to Ian. Ian's already skiing towards the goal.

In a matter of seconds the puck slips into the net. The coward loses their shit. I lose my shit. Even Tessa who hates sports loses her shit.

Tessa turns to scowl Nathaniel "as are you jealous that you won't be cheered for when you lose to Ian?"