Chapter 19: center of attention

CHAPTER 19: center of attention
𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

IAN JAMES

Black has always occupied my life

Grime, silent, dark.

It always looked over me, never leaving.

Yet In a span of a second she made me forget about that darkness lighting up everything in my life.

But sometimes we have to deal with that darkness like today.

I watched as Leonie walked in front of me taking in her surroundings. The large centerpiece sculptures , gold walls, black clad servers, and tables to the far left side with everyone sitting waiting for the host to aconnce how much money they raised for a charity no one cared about.

Everyone who's anyone wants a seat at this event. money gets you through the door but your status comes next. If the host for this event feels Like you're not relevant enough, scoring a seat at this event won't happen.

Each seat for this event cost ten thousand.

but I'd spent more than a lousy ten thousand on Leonie dress tonight and it was worth every penny.

"This is incredible," Leonie says with her attention on something ahead of us.

"It truly is," I said, my eyes never leaving Her.

I've never brought a girl with me to events. It was for the best according to my father. His exact words were "women aren't made for these kinds of events son. They'll just cling onto you and hold you back. That's what women do best"

Had he been so wrong. Leonie made me better. When taking an exam I thought about what she taught me, when I doubted myself on the ice I remember her encouraging words. She made me fucking obsessed with her.

She had this hold on me from the moment I asked to be my tutor.

I hate it.

The hockey seasons are going so great I'm sure I'm a shoe in for the nationals team. I don't need any distractions but I'm looking at my only one right now.

There is nothing that can stop me from wanting to be with her. No matter what I did or the amount of times I tried to convince myself it would go away something always drew me back to her.

Leonie glaze moved to mine and a small exhale left from her lips when she saw how close I was. She didn't back away and I didnt want her to.

The tension between us was invisible to everyone else because they thought that we were dating . For Leonie and I It was thick and striking.

It felt like eternity before Leonie stepped back. I felt a small hint of relief but that only left me displeased."Go having on the PDA tonight."

"How heavy? Hands holding and a few kisses or a full out make out session? I don't think the last one would be appropriate for this type of event."